cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can BPCA upgrade analysis be done just after downloading SupportPack? or should it be applied?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is my first post Pardon me if this has already been addressed (if so please point me).

Can third party tools like Paneya be avoided for large companies with BPCA? In order to answer that question, can the upgrade impact analysis be done without actually upgrading but just by downloading the Support Pack contents? (The 3rd party tools like Paneya takes a company's codebase and then does the impact analysis without the company having to go through an upgrade.)

Can the same be done for Enhancement Pack with BPCA?

If analysis can be done before the upgrade then it saves a lot of effort!

Regards

Ravi Natarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default, motive of BPCA is to provide the businessprocess impact analysis Before the actual upgrade. It gives the result in business process perspective

Panaya's purpose is different, it deals with your custom codes. SAP delivered another one  tool as CDMC, CCLM it supports more better than panaya, ( It handles entire life cycle of your custom code)

some time before we had big discussion on here, about panaya, bpca, and CDMC ., read Bjoern's comments here

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the latest enhancements to BPCA - it looks more promising and could certainly challenge 3rd party software. Also as per my understanding BPCA is to analyse the effect on Business Processes due to a technical change. Based on the results of BPCA, the customer could then decide whether to actually go ahead with the technical change. So yes the BPCA is to be run before the actual SP is applied. Please check the informative blog as in the link below:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29982

Regards,

Srikishan