cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button Row element

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

I can find several examples of controlling visibility and enabling/disabling buttons that are on the toolbar in a GAF.

We have a Button Row in one of our Component Configurations on this button row we have a button row element consisting of a toggle button.

We would like to control attibutes of this button as well but I cannot find a way to access the attributes of a button row element.

Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

We can control configurable buttons with FPM Interfaces for example OIF Component you can use below interface, in this there is a method define_button.

You can use method define_button to control buttons.

You may find relevant interface for your FPM.

Cheers,

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply San San.

Your suggestions are what I was referring to when i said I can find several examples of dealing with buttons on the toolbar itself.

You are correct, there is a relevant interface, IF_FPM_CNR_GAF.  When implementing the Get Buttons method of that interface, it retrieves all of the buttons on the toolbar but does not retrieve anything regarding the button row or the button row elements.

The below configuration is used as a UIBB in our GAF.  The interface mentioned deals with the toolbar buttons of the GAF itself.

The Add/Remove 2nd Degree button that is not on the toolbar but rather "in the field" below is the button whose attributes I'd like to access and manipulate.  From the tree on the left you can see it is a button row and the actual button is an element of that button row.

The only attributes you can see from the configuration editor are these:

So I'm not sure if you can enable/disable these types of buttons at runtime as I don't see an attribute here for that.  Regardless, there is a text attribute, but I do not even know if you can access this attribute for changing at runtime either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

If these buttons are used in the screen not on toolbar of GAF/UIBB, you can handle it in GET_DATA() method of feeder class of the Form UIBB.

changing parameter CT_ACTION_USAGE. After manipulating the actions, you need to set EV_ACTION_USAGE_CHANGED = 'X'.

Regards, Venkat.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat,

Now it's ringing a bell, I had manipulated attributes in teh CT_ACTION_USAGE before regarding TOGGLE_STATE.  I was trying to read the TOGGLE_STATE of this same button, but I found that's not really what this TOGGLE_STATE is and forgot all about CT_ACTION_USAGE in general.  For that, I ended up setting a boolean field in the form scenario to store the TOGGLE_STATE.

However, the visibility attribute inside CT_ACTION_USAGE works like a charm and is exactly what was needed for this requirement.

Revisiting CT_ACTION_USAGE and out of curiosity, I was looking at the text field in CT_ACTION_USAGE, this is not the same as the text on the button.  While our requirement was not to change the text but rather the visibility.  I'm still curious as to where you would manipulate the actual button text.  But that's a mystery I'll save for later.

I appreciate your help Venkat!!

Answers (0)