cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM - CAD integration - ver 4.6c

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are a global corporation, using an external boly on app EIGNER PLM.

I'm looking to develop a white paper to promote SAP - document mgnt complete.

Reinforcing the philosphy of a centralized solution, across the business landscape .

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Larry,

Can you provide me with more details as to your corporation, your role, and the reason for promoting SAP DMS?

Also, I don't understand your reference to "using an external boly on app EIGNER PLM". Please clarify.

Thanks.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

I work within the MAG Powertrain Org. We are an engineer to order Machine Tool Company, with Global Engineering offices, in Germany, England & USA.

I am the PDM SAP leader for engineering in the USA.

The reason for promoting DMS is to integrate the plant specific environments.

Using SAP as a centralized solution. It is currently decentralized.

Reduce software/redundant maintenance costs.

Improve overall user efficiencies.

Engineering is currently using a bolt-on (interfaced) PDM application, AGILE(formerly EIGNER). Note: using ORACLE Replication, for data sharing.

We use this for DOCUMENT MGNT, PARTS, BOM creation, and Change Mgnt.

Using the RFC dialog we transfer the meta data to SAP, using Status Mgnt.

NO physical CAD files go to SAP.

thx !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larry,

I am sorry for a delayed response.

If I understand you correctly, MAG uses Agile PLM for the following functions - document management, parts, BoM creation, and Change Mgnt. Using orcale replication, the meta data from agile/orcale architecture is tranfered to SAP making the information available for SAP consumers.

My recommendation is that right on with redundancy. You ay choose to completely get rid of agile and auxillary systems supporting agile architecture.

If you use Pro/e, Catia, I-Deas, and/or UG, you can integrate it to SAP and support design engineering (including CAD data) with SAP. Once PDM based on SAP is established, you possibility is greater to integrate design engineering processes with other business processes and therefore, respective data as well.

If you like to find out more, please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

thank you for the reply, I have been data mining in SAP, and have found mountains of information to define and argue the merits of using the DMS functionality, inside the PLM solutions, KM, collaboration folders, etc.

What I haven't found is information regarding some of the details, more IT specific. items like workflow diagrams.

Our Global SAP landscape is 12 active plant codes and growing.

I need to explain, by showing!!! to the global partners the visibility that we currently have through our PDM will be enhanced not diminished - I hope!!!.

thx!!!