Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discounts to Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Pls advise solution for the below scenario:

We issue Proforma Invoice to customer --> Based on the acknowledgement and tentative date for the payment from customer, system must offer discout e.g. discount @ 5 % for payment < 7 Days or @ 3 % for 8-15 Days, etc.

Now the applicable discounts must also be controlled based on duration between actual despatch of material to the customer and actual receipt of payment.

Pls revert.

Thnx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are customers paying based on the proforma invoice?

I believe the discount for early payment is already part of standard functionality, but on the FI side. SD billing document is posted to accounting and when a customer pays earlier, discount is applied in GL, according to payment terms.

Payments are posted in FI. How would you know on the SD side if customer actually paid? Or are you offering them a discount even if they don't pay? I'm confused...

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at Payment Terms and condition type SKTO

I feel your requirement is not far from the above concept (i.e. Payment Terms)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you need to create a zee table where you can have fields for recording tentative payment date, applicable discount, payment credited date within due date, payment credited after due date etc.,  Users should enter the data periodically.

Based on this, as and when billing document is generated, with the billing exit USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC), system should read the above table and discount should populate depending upon the value stored in the above table.

G. Lakshmipathi