cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about using macro to determine supply source for a plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there any way to determine supply source for a plant by using macro?

I have a trouble when set up a SNP plan. My scenario is bellow:

I have 2 planning book to set up SNP plan.

Planning book 1: DHKT for plan 1.

It include: plan K110 and K210.

Planning book 2: DHCN for plan 2.

It include plan K210 , 5210, 7910

I have created the trans. lane between these locations

K110 --> k210

5210 --> K210

7910 --> K210.

When i set up SNP plan, run heuristic, the system always ask me to choose one source from three locations: "K110, 5210, 7910".

But in order to create 2 separate plan, my customer require

In plan 1, using planning book DHKT, K210 only receipt product from K110.

In plan2, using planning book DHCN, K210 only receipt product from 5210 and 7910.

So my question is: "Is there any way to determine supply source for a plant by using macro?", because my customer feel inconvenience if they have to choose these supply source manually.

Thanks very much,

Thai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thai,

May I know how is K210 different in the planning book1 and 2 above and why would you want a source determination differently per planning book. May be in different model version this may make sense with different master data. If the  products planned are different in these planning books then quota arrangements can do the job. Remember though that quota based source determination is sort of static in nature and it is not driven by flexible condition technique though there are some time based validity per quota. I wish SAP should have provided this option rather than the trans lanes as master data objects to be maintained and managed.

If this is not the case then writing such a macro would mean writing a mini source determination program using macros ! which I believe would be as complicated as writing a mini APO of sorts. In the example above if I may assume  5210 and 7910 can be sources of supply differently at different points in time, in which case the macro logic can get probably futile at some point.

Alternatively you can do the source determination in ECC if the planned orders and requisitions are CIFd to ECC. In APO you can use  dummy source locations and tlanes from dummy locations.. In ECC you can write another source determination logic when planned order is converted to production order or a purchase requisition is convered to the purchase order or even at  an exit  in ECC inbound CIF,  you can probably write source determination logic for planned orders and purch reqs based on some conditions unique in planning book 1 and 2 . e.g. products being planned.

The last straight standard  option, if this is indeed the business requirement, is to run CTM for selections of planning books1 and 2, let it find a dummy source and then call rules based ATP check that can change the source of supply based on some unique conditions. Rules based ATP can be used to change source of supply with and without the ATP qty being considered (availability of the product).

Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Why can't you simply use quota arrangements  in transaction /sapapo/scc_tq1. Using a macro is extra load on system and reduces performance.