cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create text fields( or any other form objects) dynamically in adobe forms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a typical requirement. I have a string that is to be printed in Adobe form. The string contains both French and English texts. The English texts will have a starting and ending '#' symbols, to differentiate from the French text. The French text will be printed in Arial 10 and English text will be printed in Arial 8.  Please let me know how this can be achieved. Please note , that French and English texts will be dynamic based on user inputs.

My initial plan was to look for  '#' signs in the string in the form script editor and then create text fields dynamically and assigning font name and size to them dynamically as well( similar to the way we create dynamic UI elements in ABAP Webdynpro by coding ). But I couldn't progress much as I did not find any such examples. Also I am not very sure whether that approach would help or not.

Please let me know if there is any other better approach for handling this.

Please help me out on this.

Thanks and regards,

Satya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chris_scott
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I agree with Christopher, it does seem like an unusual approach to mix both languages.

However, one approach would be to bind the field containing the strings, and then split into 2 separate fields on the form template, using the initialization event and the .split operator:

var array = this.rawValue.split("#");

Then with two separate objects you can set the font in the object properties tab.

The result is:

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have quite the same ability to dynamically generate UI elements such as you can with ABAP WebDynpro.

These texts....are they "static" as well? What controls if/when they are displayed? Also, is it possible that the user will be using the form in English but viewing the text in French? (I ask because if not, you could simply make use of "translation" of the Adobe form and have it localized to the user's language)

More info needed from you.