cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading any kind of file to sap using ABAP webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My requirement is irrespective of type of file like xl,text,xlsx,.doc,.pdf etc, I need to upload to Application server.

Please helpme in this as iam new to webdynpro.

Sendme relaated code if any one has.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rajshiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can upload files using file upload UI element. Create a node with four attributes file name of type string, file content of type xstring, file type of type string and file size of type integer. Then read file upload UI element and set that to your node. Now you can convert your file contents from xstring to string and can use that for further processing.

Or you can use office control instead of file upload UI element.

You can also refer this link.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Excel+File+Upload+And+Display+Data+Using+Web+DynPro+ABAP

Cheers,

Dineshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My xl file it includes logo also.

please suggest how to upload xl sheet it includes logo,which i need ti upload to application server.

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajshiv,

Technical documentation for the FileUpload UI element can be found in the SAP Library. Web dynpro component WDR_TEST_EVENTS also has a view, FILEUPLOAD, which demonstrates the behavior of the UI element. Note that it is not possible to upload Excel data directly due to proprietary Microsoft formatting which cannot be converted-- that topic has been discussed at length in the SCN Web Dynpro ABAP forum if you're interested in learning more. However, there is an open source project, abap2xlsx, that does provide this ability.

Cheers,

Amy