cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Properties in Web dynpro Appliction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to implement a WD Java application such that, some properties can be set in the Iviews from portal.

Something similar to what we do with the properties in Poralapp.xml file which we will set in the Portal after creating Iviews.

Please provide inputs.

Thanks,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WD has something similar.

you can put a properties file in wd, and you can configure properties at NWA or Visual admin( for old netweaver)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Jun Wu.

My requirement is i have to create WD iViews in portal which will take KM file name as input value to the property. So please let me know can i achieve this by following the method u suggested,

Thanks,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we can pass the the name/value pairs/parameters from the WD iView. WD iView has Application parameters, from there u have to pass these parameters and within the WD code, u can read the passed parameters and do the appropriate actions as you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan, setting up custom properties to WD iViews are used usually in business specific applications (using these properties in more than one iView of type WD) and this would need a little effort.

But unlike and as said by Yugandhar, your requirement can be easily achieved using passing 'Application Parameters' in iView and read/get then in your WD code.

Thanks

MS