Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with File Polling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts

I have following problem

poll interval is 900 sec in my sender file adapter,

but the file adapter is picking up the file 5 times at a time and IS processing them.Like tis it is happening every 900 sec.

but i need file adapter to pick up the file only once in every 900 sec.

can any one help mein this regard.

Thanks in advance

Ravi.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

The File Adapter will pick up all Files Avaialble during the plling interval even if multiple files are available.

If you need sequential processing,

1. Make the QOS as EOIO.

2. In the Option Sequential Procesing --> Select the Option as either By FileName or Timestamp as per your requirements.

Now, if multiple files are availble, the file will be processed sequentialy like you want. But, you cannot make sure that only one file is picked at one time!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have only One file in the directory.

QOS is Exactly once

poll interval 86400 sec

Processing mode TEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

put poll interval 900sec

put retry interval 900sec

Hope this may solve your query.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the error that you are seeing in the adpater monitoring...?

Thanks.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can set the File adapter mode in "DELETE" once the file is picked up it will be deleted and you also have the option to Achieve the file if you need this option to satisfy your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

I tried with DELETE option it worked, but in the adapter engine monitering it shown it tried 5 times. but we are supposed to put option TEST only.

I made CC inactive and active. it dint work.

Thanks,

Ravi......

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you should have an error in your sender communication channel or receiver comm. channel. Can you please check? Also please see test your mapping from taking the payload from sxmb_moni in message mapping.

...Satish

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can keep the file in TEST mode

but pls tell me about values of QOS,poll intv and retry intv.

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Just for time being change your file processing mode to DELETE mode and activate yor CC, then once you see your file gets deleted and processing is working fine, go ahead and change it to the desired mode. Sometime this works . ... yor can try this too...

thanks,

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

go to the communication channel and set it inactive. Save and activate it again. That solved the issue once for me.

Regards

Cornelius

P.S. If it did not help please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Do you have any error in the sender communication channel? If yes then I think it is trying for 5 times (because your retry setting in visual admin is 5). Just check whether you have any errors in the sender comm channel?

...Satish