cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qm in procurement active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

As i understand we have QM in procurement active tick in material master @ client level .

we have 30 plants under one client 100 . But i need to use the functionalities of the QM in procurement active for 1 plant only .

That is i want to use the QM in procurement Active in material master with control key & cert type for one plant only .

1) what will be the effect of this in other plant where this material is existing and  in these plants we don't have QM to be used ?

2) if i have to use the Source inspection to control inspection at GR incoming inspection ( that is after rejection of source inspection PO gr is blocked and after Acceptance of Source inspection PO GR inspection lot will not be created ) i must use QM in procurement active with control key , Quality info record ?

Pl guide .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its simple to understand ,If QM is not exist in other plants & if  due to some other plants "QM proc " is activated in this plant ,then you have toextend QM view for such plant-material & assign " Control Key-0000 " to it.

As no other QM functionality apart from "Control Key-0000" is assign to these plants & functionality like "inspection type"  etc no active ,These plant are not considered for QM process.

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feed,

Yes, QM Proc Active is @ Client Level. So if activated for a plant, it will be activated for all in which a material exists.

1. Use relevant QM Control key where you want QM along with Certificate Type whereas use QM Control Key-000 (No Active function) where you do not want to use QM Proc Active function...

2. For source inspection, you need to maintain QM Control key with cert type and also need to maintain Q-Info Record.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anup,

i need to know :

1) what will be the effect of this in other plant where this material is existing and  in these plants we don't have QM to be used ?

if i don't use any control key in other plant where i don't use QM . Is the material in these Non QM plants will be affected ?

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feed,

1. If you are not going to use QM in other plants; means QM is not extended to material for those plants then i dont think you required to do anything else.

If you extend QM in other plants then maintain Control key as 0000.

2. Yes, you have to create QM Info record. Check Control key settings for Source inspection in SPRO.

Regards,

Amol

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feed,

If material already exists in other plant with QM view but do not want to use QM function, maintain only control key= 0000. No other setting required.

If material already created in other plants but without QM view, no impact.

Regards,

Anup

li_aiping
Explorer
0 Kudos

NO.

If you don't extend the QM view in other plants, an ERROR message QB114 (Define QM Procurement Key ) will be sent under purchasing order created(ME21N).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just extend the material in other plants and active QM in procurement and assign control key- NO active function .

you need to extend the QM view for materials in other plants.

Regards

li_aiping
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you. I have solved this problem.

QM view in other plants is not necessary, you can set the QM control key "0000" under QI05.