Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access to materials within MM ( transaction ME21N)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is anyone aware of a way of restricting access to certain material groups within MM, when using transaction ME21N. We currently use authorisation groups on certain materials, via object M_MATE_MAT but are looking to restrict at material group level instead as part of an SRM pilot.

Thanks

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Try with the auth.object "M_MATE_WGR Material Master: Material Groups" to restrict the material groups.

<removed_by_moderator>

Regards,

Ashok Kumar Samala

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Mar 18, 2008 9:19 PM

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Try with the auth.object "M_MATE_WGR Material Master: Material Groups" to restrict the material groups.

<removed_by_moderator>

Regards,

Ashok Kumar Samala

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Mar 18, 2008 9:19 PM

0 Kudos

Be sure to activate the object for the profile generator in Su24 if you are going to use it. It in only Checked by default not Check/Maintain.

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I have looked at object M_MATE_WGR , this allows you to populate two fields one with standard activities , the other appears to require an authorization group for each material group, as it is only possible to input four characters and material groups are nine characters long.

Will all material groups therefore need to be in an authorization group for this object to work.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Yes, the auth.group is required for the material groups.

Regards,

Ashok

0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok, thats answered my question.

Regards

Simon

0 Kudos

Hi Auke

Will I need to activate the object M_MATE_WGR, across all clients, changing it to Check/Maintain, will this object then be checked by transaction ME21N ( create a purchase order) and allow restrictions to be placed on material groups.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos

Yes, you should activate it agianst the TRX you need it for.

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

Thanks for your quick response, what is the process for activating this object against the TRX , as I have not come across a situation where I have been required to amend an object before.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos

go to Su24

call the trx ME21N

then click on change (you will be asked for transport so do that)

Then in front of the object that you want to change click under CM and than click on save. Now the object will show in the PFCG for ME21N, and you will be forced to maintain it.

Do remember this can ONLY be done for listed Objects, as they are available in the abap code already. If an object is not listed against a TRX this can only be corrected by changing the ABAP code.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help on this Auke

0 Kudos

I am also trying to restrict material groups using ME21N. I did everything listed in this thread and still can create a PO for a material group I should not have access to. Is there something else I should do? I did assign authorization groups to all of our material groups. I also activated M_MATE_WGR through SU24. We are on version 4.7. Any assistance will be appreciated!

Kathy