cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Rebuilding a Project in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed the NetWeaver developer Studio, and WAS.

I developed a simple Webdynpro Application and i tested it once it was sucessfully executed.

But later when i tried to execute the same Application without making any changes it gives me an Error Message when ever i try to Rebuild the Project.

Error is : The project was not built due to "Problems encountered while copying resources.". Fix the problem, then try refreshing this project and rebuilding it since it may be inconsistent. Welcome

If i try to rebuild the project again it gives the Error Message

Error The project was not built due to "Problems encountered while deleting resources.". Fix the problem, then try refreshing this project and rebuilding it since it may be inconsistent. Welcome

If you have any solutions to this can you please let me know it would be of great help to me.

Thanks and Regards,

Vani.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here and there this problem arises, even i faced twice. Thing is once again check the UI elements mapping with attributes in case if you are doing so, check the source code and import statements.

For me it worked when i reinstalled NWDS. so why don't you try to install NWDS once again infact its matter of minutes..

The eaxct reason is yet to know..

Regards,

RK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The Error in rebulding the project is resolved.

I tried all the options, all you guys have specified but

was unable to resolve the error.

Only after reinstalling the developer studi once again , i could resolve the error.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Vani.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

I've seen this error before and the problem was that I had an open Windows Explorer in a subfolder of the project's root folder. Please make sure that you have no resources belonging to the project opened in another program and try again to rebuild.

Hope that helps,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the imediate reply.

But i couldn't understand exaclty what need to be done.

All the Project folders are stored in

C:\ ....SAP\workspace\<Project Name>

I checked in this project root folder, but what exaclty i need to do i couldn't get it.

It would be better if u can explain me in detail and help me out in this.

No resources are opened in other program.

Thanks and Regards,

Vani.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

You have to check that no files under your project folder and its subfolders are opened in other programs (e.g. text editors, WinRar, WinZip) and that none of these folders are opened in an explorer window. Thus the Developer Studio should be able to delete/copy the necessary resources. After doing so I was able to rebuild my projects.

Hope it helps,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

If all of the above suggestions fail, I recommend you wipe away all the generated .java files from your file system and it should build correctly.

1. Stop dev studio

2. Go to

C:\ ....SAP\workspace\<Project Name>

There should be two or three directories that start with the prefix gen ( gen_ddic, gen_wdp and gen- only for DCs ).

Delete them all.

3. Retry. It should work now.