Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling/Disabling of Data Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on the following requirement via scripting:-

We have created four boolean extensions i.e. checkboxes in certain project type.

On creating a project with these extensions, out of the 4 checkboxes three must be dependent on the 1st checkbox.

a) While loading and creating a project having these extensions, the last three checkboxes must be disabled untill the 1st checkbox is selected.

b) And as soon as we click the first checkbox,the following three checkboxes must get enable.

I have written the script for the disabling the checkboxes at document lifecycle's loading and creation context which is reflecting well.
I have attempted for requirement b). In this I have tried via both the scripting context Document Lifecycle's Validation(which is enabling the checkboxes only after clicking Save) and Field Data Edit (which works only on auto refreshing fields).

Can anyone suggest me some other alternative which can fulfill this requirement.
Your help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

You can use the first checkbox as the VLV and put Yes or No in that, depending on the values selected in VLV you can set your other checkboxes, i believe VLV is a Auto refreshing field and you can write the script on that field.

I hope this will work for you.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I have tried this way also,but its not working as VLV extensions are not auto-refreshing.

Thanks,

Anshu

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

Since your requirement requires the UI to be dynamic, Scripting by itself can't completely fulfill this. As you have seen the having the script fire is not enough there also must be a refresh (or reload) of the object to change the UI.  The built in fields that behave this way have code built in to deal with the UI.  As best I can tell your attempts are about as close as you will get to the requirement.

Gary