cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of Inputfields from Step to step

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have an GAF with a lot of steps. On the steps are only generic UIBBS(Feeder). All UIBB will be controlled by APPC  and the data sharing is implement by singleton classes.

From step to step we want to validate the currently displayed data. for example from step 1 to step 2 only the mandatory fields of step 1.

Now we are not sure, where we can check the input fields.

Which possibilities are there ?

1. First of all we can check the fields directly in the Feeder.
  2. .....is there an other possibility in the APPC ????. How can i make sure, that i only check the data which shown in the screen?
  3. ...........
  4. .......

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

When you move from step1 to step2,

1) flush() & Process_event() methods of all feeder classes in Step1 will get triggered.

2) Capture the modified data of UIBB in flush() method and maintain in global variable of feeder class or in Singleton class. In process_event, you can write the logic to validate the inputs.

CASE io_event->mv_event_id.
     WHEN cl_fpm_event=>gc_event_next_step.

To validate the mandatory fields of UIBB, predefined functionality provided by FPM itself. To enable this functionality,

1) In get_definition() method, while filling field catalog, set mandatory property of the attribute to abap_true('X').

2) In UIBB Configuration, Global settings ->check the option Check Mandatory check box.

Regards, Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

thanks for your answer.

The checks in the Feeder are fine and nice for mandatory fields.

But sometimes i want to check some fields in the APPC, maybe in the Methods before_process_event or After_process_event and stop the navigation to the next step.

I know how to stop the navigation in the navigation and to throw a message.

however the question in the APPC is:

how does i know which step (the event is always the same) i have to proof. In the PARAMETER: IT_UIBBS the solution ?

thanks

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

To stop the navigation to the next step, You need not to write logic explicitly.

Set the parameter EV_RESULT = 'FAILED' in PROCESS_EVENT( ) of any Feeder class of current step.

Regards, Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

well this not my problem.  (to stop the navigation)

I would like to validate some fields in the APPC , not in the Feeder.

And i would like to know in which step i  am. And when i know where i am i want to validate the fields

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

in APPCC, IO_GAF->GET_CURRENT_STATE( ) method will return the current step details of Roadmap.

Regards, Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, this is a good idea.

.....and can you tell wherefore the IT_UIBB-Table in the Paremters of the APPC-Methode Before_Process event and so on, is.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Am new to FPM having good experience in WD JAVA & WD ABAP... now am developing a new application with FPM ..here I need to know the way of doing the Field validations on each step...is there any FPM given approach for the field validation because I have seen the blog in SDN

Hi Fritz,

When you move from step1 to step2,

1) flush() & Process_event() methods of all feeder classes in Step1 will get triggered.

2) Capture the modified data of UIBB in flush() method and maintain in global variable of feeder class or in Singleton class. In process_event, you can write the logic to validate the inputs.

CASE io_event->mv_event_id.
     WHEN cl_fpm_event=>gc_event_next_step.

To validate the mandatory fields of UIBB, predefined functionality provided by FPM itself. To enable this functionality,

1) In get_definition() method, while filling field catalog, set mandatory property of the attribute to abap_true('X').

2) In UIBB Configuration, Global settings ->check the option Check Mandatory check box.

Regards, Venkat.

Here my component is GAF based and i have multiple steps on each next button, on each step navigation I need to do the validation check.

Also I would like to address an another requirement which is how can I dynamically make the fields Manadtroy/visible/in-vis/optional...like in  my scenario when user clicks on Next button in step 1.....from the values filled in step1 I have make visible/in-vis and Mandatory/optional in the next screens(same thing has to work on Previous also)....the validation matrix I will receive from a table.

Thanks in advance#

Regards

Rajesh