cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred: An error occured while trying to view the document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We previously set up publishing of Crystal Reports between BW 7.1 / BO XI 3.1 / SAP Portal 7.1.

This functionality worked fine.

We are now in the process of upgrading to BW 7.3 / BO 4.0 / SAP Portal 7.3

We’ve now configured the following parameter changes in transaction /CRYSTAL/RPTADMIN to cater for differences between 3.1 and v4.0 in HTTP tab:

Protocol: http

Web Server host and Port: <servername>:8080

Path: BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc (Previously:  SAP)

Viewer Application: openDocument.jsp (Previously:  reportView.do)

The publishing from BW to BOE is working fine – I can log into CMC v4.0 and display the report correctly in the content base folder (where it was published)

We’ve done a role upload from BW to the SAP Portal and are now trying to view the document via the SAP Portal. We are however getting an error message when trying to display the iView:

An error has occurred: An error occured while trying to view the document

The same message appears when we double click on the report in /CRYSTAL/RPTADMIN (which tries to open the report in the viewer application - openDocument)

I suspect something is wrong with the Opendocument call / path.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nico

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

have you found a proper solution that you may want to share?

I have experimented with the URL slashes and the FQDN as mentioned above but no real progress.

Error appears even after using the administrator as a connection user.

Thank you.

Best,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear folks,

happy to share the solution:

Barath`s hint using the document link from BI LaunchPad provided a solution.

Seems like I have used depreciated URL parameters.

Cheers,
Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I would be also very interested in the solution. I get the same error even with Admin Account. Therfore I would like know exacly where you put Administrator permissions?

Thank you for your kind reply.

Michael Wecker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nico,

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I'm experiencing a similar problem with the same version combinations!

Yours hopefully,

Lisa

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've seen this before when the iview URL does not use the fully qualified name of SAP EP.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same issue, Please share your solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just an update: in the end we found that our permissions on the BOBJ side are not setup correctly - when we associated the relevant roles to Administrator permissions then everything worked fine. We have to now start a little project to re-do all the BOBJ permissions with the correct values, not too much and not too little!

Regards,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the similar issue...please share with what permission you resolved the issue. I'll try by assinging the same permissions

Thanks,

Deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

As I said, we used Administrator permissions as a temporary workaround but I don't suggest this in the long-term! We are now busy with quite a big project re-working BI, BOBJ and Portal roles completely!

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

I am having the same problem in my system. I wanted to ask if the issue was resolved for you? If so, then what permissions were given to the ID for the Open Document link to work fine and not give the error.

Thanks,

Amrita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrita,

This type of exception occured in different scenraios may or may not be with permissions.

I faced one such scenario with out concerning about permission where the problem is with the URL.

If the URL have more than one slash after the domain name (before OpenDocument text) then you will recieve this type of exception

for e.g. http://test.com:8080//OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&token=test.com%3A6400%40195977J5yOvDrVJq6nnR....

0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

In my case, I donot think there is an issue in the URL, because when I run my URL via Admin credentials, the report is running fine. But when I run it using a non-Admin account, I get that error.

Thanks,

Amrita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I would be also very interested in the solution. I get the same error even with Admin Account. Therfore I would like know exacly where you put Administrator permissions, to the doument or elsewhere?

Thank you for your kind reply.

Michael Wecker

bhaskar_india
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

What permissions were given which solved the issue?\

Regards,

Bhaskar