cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit on number of operations in web service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a web service using Enterprise Service Repository (ESR) with 5 operations in it.

I have generated the proxy in ECC system using SPROXY transaction and created an endpoint using SOAMANAGER.

When I am trying to consume the 5th operation of this service, I am getting below error.

"<faultstring xml:lang="en">Processing Error. More details in WS Error Log (transaction SRT_UTIL) by selection with UTC timestamp 20120713055826</faultstring>"

Transaction SRT_UTIL gives me error log as:

--ERROR_INFO    Message "MyRequest{http://myurl}" not supported (interface: "MYINTERFACE" binding key: "4FDFA3D8CA5E7BAZZZZ

I also checked table SRT_RTC_DATA_RT for the respective binding and I just see 4 operations there.

Is there any limit or restriction on number of operations in a web service definition? Is that controlled using any config?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Anand Kolte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no limitation to tiny services - I created much bigger Enterprise Services, but I encountered the same problem when generating Web Services from function groups:

• I create a web service from a function group and exposed a certain number of function modules (say 4) as operations using transaction SOAMANAGER.
  • Then I added a function module to the service.
  • When calling the fifth function module I'm getting the same error. Activating the service again doesn't help - I have to delete and recreate the binding using SOAMANAGER.

Is this the same problem you have?

Best Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your help!

It helped a lot. I have deleted the endpoint in SOAMANAGER and created it again.

It works now...

Thanks again,

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you have to regenerate the proxy if something (operations, e.g.) have been modified. You can try to click the "Check proxy consistency" button after locate the generated proxy (or Ctrl F2). Then reconfigure it with SOAMANAGER.

A useful tool is to test the service after activation with Test button (F8).

Regards,

Wei-Guo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Did you add the 5th operation after creating your endpoint binding?

Like Tobias, I've noticed this error after adding an operation after the endpoint was also created and I also got around it by deleting the endpoint and re-creating it after the new operation was added.

Regards, Trevor