Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services RFC connection

RodrigoCaparroz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to do a connection with my Data Services 4 and SAP BW 7.3, after create the Data services Data Source on BW, i'm going to RFC Server interface connection on Management console and trying to add a connection as described on this wiki http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Run+the+DataServices+3.2+RFC+Server,

No error is faced, but my list of RFC server interface status is empty and so, I can't do the connection.

Any idea of how to solve that?

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Refer http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30153 for RFC connection details..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Could you please post the screenshot of the issue you are facing? This would help us analyse better.

Quick bit: While establishing RFC connectivity between DS & BW, you need to add an entry in 'services' file under "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc".

Entry to be added is - "sapgw00         3300/tcp" (without the quotes).

Thanks, Arun J.

RodrigoCaparroz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Arun,

Thank you about your answer, the isso is, when we try to create a new RFC connection on DS Management Console, seems everything is ok (no error is reported) but when we go back to the first screen "RFC Server Interface Status", its not possible to see the entry.

The file attached shows the step-by-step procedure I'm doing.

I've checked the services file, and in my case I have already the entry.

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how many EIM Adaptive Processing server are running in your env ? is RFC Service hosted by any of the EIM APS ?

check the web_admin.log file in %LINK_DIR%\log folder for any error after you click apply, don't post the log file it will be big, just check and if you see the error when you clicked apply just post that error message

if there are no errors in this log, then go to BOE_HOME\BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging folder and look for any errors in aps_<SIANodeName>.EIMAdaptiveProcessingServer_trace.<xxxxx>.glf, post only the  error message

vas_y
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am also having same issue between ECC and BODS. No error showing up in "RFC Server Interface Status"

Can anyone confirm the below is correct for ECC in service entry file under "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"

ECC & DS service entry: "sapmsEH6     3666/tcp"

can you please share correct entry, if above is incorrect.

Thanks in advance,

Vas

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope this will help you out

Select Enterprise Information Management Services. Then right click and Select Stop Server.

After Server State become Red Mark as Stopped. Then click and Select Services.

Select Data Services RFC Server Service and Add to selection.

Click OK

Again Start Server.

Then Login to SAP Data Services Management Console. You can see the Status of the RFC Server Interface

Regards,

Akhileshkiran.

vas_y
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

Thanks for sharing detailed info but unfortunately I am unable to stop server "EIMAdaptiveprocess". I tried stopping server but couldn't stop. Can you please let me know, are there any dependency servers needs to be stopped before stop "EIMAdaptiveprocess"? Here is my server list status from CMC for reference. FYI I am using BODS on virtual machine for my personal practice purpose.

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No need to stop other servers like dependency. Try to refresh the page after selecting stop server and please let me know if you still face any issue.

Try to use Force Termination if possible.

Stop Server: Stops the server when request/process is complete successfully.

Force Termination: Stops the server even if the request/process is still undergoing or completed successfully. 

Regards,

Akhileshkiran

vas_y
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

I can see RFC connection now but am getting below error when I start RFC Server. Can you please have a look into below details and let me know, if I made any mistakes in the connection details.

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi 

Please make sure that provided credentials are correct. If possible can you share me the Log file.

Regards,

Akhileshkiran

vas_y
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here is log details.

03/09/2013 08:28:12 [FINE ] Ready

03/09/2013 08:28:13 [  SEVERE ] An error occurred while connecting to the server. :Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connection parameters: TYPE=A DEST=DI_RFC@VISUINFOEHP6 ASHOST=VISUINFOEHP6 SYSNR=66 PCS=1

LOCATIONCPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode
ERROR   partner '192.168.1.13:3366' not reached
TIME    Sat Mar 09 08:28:13 2013
RELEASE 720

COMPONENT   NI (network interface)

VERSION 40
RC      -10
MODULE  nixxi.cpp
LINE    3286
DETAIL  NiPConnect2: 192.168.1.13:3366

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO   10061

ERRNO TEXT  WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

COUNTER 6

03/09/2013 08:32:09 [FINE ] Stopped
03/09/2013 08:32:24 [FINE ] Stopped
akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi 

Its gateway problem issue. Please make sure that you can access ERP System by going to SAP Logon Pad go through the properties and provide required field correctly

Regards,

Akhileshkiran.

vas_y
Explorer
0 Kudos

I entered correct credentials and details based SAP ECC properties. PFA for ECC properties.