SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Open cash desk for closed past Dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

User's are interested to few cash payments in Cash desk for past dates, Now the issue is how can we post payments for past dates.

Can we open cash desk for Past dates? Please suggest..

Thanks

Nikitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikita,

In my opinion, as long as the posting period for the posting is open it's no problem to post into any past dates.

The only restriction is if you try to reverse a payment made in the cash desk for which the payment lot has been closed.

regards,

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

former_member266656
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check the posting periods and open the same for past dates.

tcode S_ALR_87003642

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikita,

In my opinion, as long as the posting period for the posting is open it's no problem to post into any past dates.

The only restriction is if you try to reverse a payment made in the cash desk for which the payment lot has been closed.

regards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi David,

With regard to above reply ,can you please tell me how to process the reversals when cas desk is closed.

Thanks

KRG

0 Kudos

Hi KRG,

Well the problem we had was that when reversal of payment is carried out in cash desk, cash on hand is sometimes determined incorrectly and this creates lots of unnecessary inconsistencies especially for lots of customers who relies on cash desk. This is the reason why the resctriction was introduced in the note below not to allow reversal of payments when the corresponding lot has already been closed.

However, from enhancement package 5 (EhP5 system 605) it's now possible to reverse a payment document after its payment lot has been closed.

Note 791209     FPCJ/FP08: Reversing payment document

Fact is that the standard transaction FP08 cannot be used. Therefore, instead of FP08 transaction FP07 - reset clearing - should be used. The reset clearing creates an open item which corresponds to the original payment. Then the open item, e.g. an open item which belongs to an incoming check payment should be paid out via the functionality of an outgoing check payment. But please consider that for the incoming and outgoing payment process the same clearing account has to be customized in posting area 0160 (view and maintenance possible with transaction FQC0).

I hope this helps.

regards,

David