Did you mean: 

Same Smart Forms for Different printers

former_member183069
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have  created a smart form,

The form will be printed in two different printers,

The character format  and alignment is differing from one printer to other.

My requirement is to print the form in both printer with same format.

Please give me solution to rectify this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

K. Karthikeyan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

My advice would be to use two different smartforms. Keeps things much simpler to understand. Based on the device type - call the correct smartform in your print program.

If for whatever reason you still want to use the same smartform - keep em separate by creating a set of windows for each device type. Mention the device type in the conditions of the window - so it prints only for the coorect device type.

Regards,

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kumar,

pls check with the SPAD tcode. or you can use function module SSF_GET_DEVICE_TYPE for giving the device types.

By giving condition you have to change the formats programmatically.

if the device type is 'XYZ'. use some format.

Regards,

Ramya R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

When we are developing the smartform we are looking in the print preview based on this we are preparing our smartform layout how you can develop two layouts at same time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

It can be done. The print preview is again based on the device type your are selecting. If the print preview does not work(As is the case many times - like signature, print controls, printer fonts) then test it by issuing physical prints. 

Regards,

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

As shravan said it can be done thru using this function module.

You get the device types. according to ur device type you cal the smartforms.

Regards,

Ramya R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

It is not possible to control this parameters from printer to printer.You just suggest the client we are developing smartform for a particular device type you can check in SPAD.If you want to print this in two printers then you have to maintain the attributes and printer drivers same for the both the printer