Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling configurable materials as trading goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have problems with the following case:

- we have two company codes (a Trading company and a Production Plant) using one and the same material types and material master data;

- the Trading company sells configurable materials which are produced in the Plant;

- the Trading company is purchasing these configurable materials from the Plant;

- the sales order types are different in both company codes;

- when we are billing sales orders in the Plant - the system takes into account the standard product calculation for configurable materials - it is OK;

- these configurable materials, however, are sold as trading goods in the Trading company (they are only purchased and sold) but when we are issuing an invoice the system is trying to perform a product calculation (but there are no BOMs and routings for these materials in the Trading company);

- we want to sell these items from the Trading company based on pricing policy V (mean average price) as trading goods - can we achieve this for configurable materials and how?

Thank you in advance,

Rumi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In material master Accounting1 view tab, you have a field "Valuation Category" through which, I feel, you can achieve this requirement which I am not sure.  Take the help of FI consultant and update here on the outcome.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your answer. I will follow your advice to ask the FI experts and will update later the outcome.

Best regards,

Rumi