Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing data to custom fields at Header level

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to add a field at header tab level (for Contract). Data for this custom field should be prepopulated (based on some condition).

Saw few things in SCN and came to know, in SRM 701 we need to use meta data concept for adding custom field.

I added, my field in 2 includes- INCL_EEW_PD_HEADER_CSF, INCL_EEW_PD_HEADER_CSF_CTR and also  added entry in Configure Field Control and custom field is visible in SRM portal. Now i need to pass the values to this custom field which i am not sure, how to proceed. Please provide your inputs.

PS: Need to know, how the data will be transferred to custom fields, when using meta data concept.

Regards, Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

What do you mean by pass value to the custom field? physically in the UI or based out of some action your Z field should get populated with values?

If its the latter then you will have to write a code in the BBP_DOC_change_BADI , method BBP_CTR_CHANGE.

Let me know if I have understood your question correctly.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

As per requirement, need to show the Old ERP contract number at contract header level in portal after contracts uploaded through initial upload. So i added the field in the includes and able to see the field in portal but problem is, if i check in backend webdynpro there is no addtional field added in the layout. I need some place where to write the code to map this custom field to old ERP Contract number. This is where, i am facing issue. I saw DOC_CHANGE_BADI doesnt have this addtional field parameter.

Just to make sure, we need to find some BAdI to populate our custom field? and this custom field will not be visible in std. Webdynpro component?. Again Thank you.

Regards, Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

SRM works in a way that once you add the field to the structure it is visible in the Portal/NWBC. Now if you want this field to appear according to your will, then you have to add it to the relevant webdynpro component. You need to go the wd component and go to the view-context and right click on the structure where you want to add the field and click on update dictionary attributes. There you will see your Zfield which you added to the structure.

Add it to the layout thereafter and then go to the change badi and you will see your field there , you can do whatever you want with the field in the change badi. But be carefull in the change BADI as it has it called a lot of times in the application.

To answer your next question  there is no badi to populate custom fields in SRM. To populate the custom fields you will have to add it to the metadata structure in SPRO.

I hope I have answered your question. Please let me know if you are stuck somewhere.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Naveen. I understand now and will update this discussion if any issues

Answers (0)