cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing transport into DEV - Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to import an external transport into my DEV system.

Where do I place the transport in order for the system to pick it up?

I have it located in D:\usr\sap\trans - however when I attempt to pull it into Dev I receive the following error.

"Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247

Errors: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Really a basic one, which you could have easily found by search.

need to place them in D:\usr\sap\trans\data and D:\usr\sap\trans\cofiles according to there naming conversions.

Regards,

Sreenivas .Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

When I put the transports in these folders I'm still receiving the same error.

Is there something else which needs to be carried out in order to bring the transports into the DEV system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to check file permissions to this files for user <sid>adm

Regards

Roman

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure the whole Transport is released in the source system.

The underlying transport(s) (dev/correction) might be released, but the main transport might still be in Modifiable mode.

If this is the case, then fully release the transport and follow Sreenivas' suggestions.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Please explain in detail how are you putting transports in those folders as you have mentioned ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the replies.

I have put the transports into my folder d:/usr/sap/trans/data & d:/usr/sap/trans/cofiles

From here I log onto DEV

transaction STMS

Go to the DEV import queue

Extras -> active requests -> add

Input the name of the Transport Request/Import Queue/Target Client

Then I get the errors

"Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247"

"Errors: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

What do you mean by "I have place transports" in data and co-files folders. What exactly have you placed there.That might be a hint.

Secondly was this ftp'ed. If so was it done in bin format ? Please check the format.

Further try to add these transports at OS level using tp addtobuffer. It will give lot more info. It is exactly what your are trying to do using STMS. But it will give you hints like checksum etc.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

"What do you mean by "I have place transports" in data and co-files folders. What exactly have you placed there.That might be a hint. "

- I have copied and pasted these 2 transports into the data and co-files folder

• K900338.E6D
      • K900329.E6D

From here I log onto DEV

transaction STMS

Go to the DEV import queue

Extras -> active requests -> add

Input the name of the Transport Request/Import Queue/Target Client

Then I get the errors

"Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247"

"Errors: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile"

How can I add the transports at OS level using tp addtobuffer?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Might be simple but... you need to use format E6DK900338 when adding the requests via "Extras" in STMS.

At OS level you can use  tp addtobuffer <Request number> <SID> pf=<PATH/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL>

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should have two files one starting with "K" "control file/cofile" other one starting with "R" data file, if you miss any of this also yo get this error.

If you see the other files in your "cofiles" and "data" directory also you can know this.

Regards,

Sreenivas .Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need two files for one request: R<request_no>.<sid> (data file) and K<request_no>.<sid> (cofile). In your situation it seems to be that you does not copy all required files

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

As i said there could be a hint. You seem to playing with co-files only..Where are the data files?

Also when adding to STMS check Juan's post to see if you are doing the right thing.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (0)