Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC collect from a Third Party System

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to comunicate with a third party system (non SAP) File to ?¿?¿. This system is able to connect to an SAP R/3 System to collect IDOCs. The way we configure our R/3 system is as follows:

in sm59 we have defined a TCP/IP connection, agains a Registred Program Service called RFC_XXXXX  We have also configured host gateway and TCP service.

in we21 we have defined a RFC Transactional Port ZSYSTEM using RFC RFC_XXXXX

When we send an IDOC to the third party system we use that port. The third party is listening to that port and get the data.

How can achieve this in SAP PI?

I have defined a sm59 TCP/IP connection. What are next steps? I think that although I am using an IDOC format, I have to use a File to RFC scenario. It's that true? Can you help me

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>How can achieve this in SAP PI?

exactly the same way

>>>>I have defined a sm59 TCP/IP connection. What are next steps?

use it in the IDOC channel

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal, but I am facing next issue:

in SAP R/3 system i've got a RFC Transactional Port (we21) which is using the TCP/IP

But in my SAP PI, in idx1 I can not define a an RFC port, and I can not use the TCP/IP connection. I can only use ABAP connection.

Any idea?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>But in my SAP PI, in idx1 I can not define a an RFC port, and I can not use the TCP/IP connection. I can only use ABAP connection.

in IDX1 create rfc to our ECC backend (not the receiver) as the ECC has the idoc metadata 

does that solve your issue now ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it works!!!

Many thanks

Answers (0)