Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOB SM:EXEC Services for all servers

former_member610738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am facing an issue related to a job i.e SM:EXEC_SERVICES.

This job is scheduled every wednesday on solution manager and other servers Like R/3 dev,R/3 Prod, E rec dev , E rec prod, BI DEV.

This job is running successfully with finished status but in other servers it is getting cancelled with below log--

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job started

Step 001 started

External program: RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS

Related parameter: &0000000000220

SXPG_STEP_XPG_START: is_local_host: rc = 403

SXPG_STEP_XPG_START: host = sapsolman

SXPG_STEP_XPG_START: is_local_r3_host: rc = 802

SXPG_STEP_XPG_START: RFC_TCPIP_CONNECTION_OPEN: rc = 1003

Exception PROGRAM_START_ERROR

Failed to start external program

Job cancelled

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When check in sm21 , i can see one log saying "Error 1003 when executing external command RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS on (xpgid=0,convid=.)"

And when i double click on it there is a log something like as per attached file.

Program  " RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS " exist in sol man only and called by other servers for ths job.

I have checked some RFC's SAPOSS, SAPNET_RFC , SDCC_oss but they r running.

Can anyone advice what further steps i can follow to resolve the issue. is it a RFC related problem or something else.

How this job is going to effect system.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understand, this job is to be running only on the Solution Manager. The function of job would be to process the data transferred from a managed system to the Solution Manager. Hence the job should not be running in the managed systems. Perhaps you could check the scheduling parameters of this job. I guess your weekly Earlywatch Session are scheduled every Wednesday - but after the session is run on the managed system, the data is sent back to SolMan.

Link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/5a/b27f17edb04a6882c59f6619a267b9/content.htm

Perhaps you would need to check SDCCN settings. Disable the job and check if the weekly EWA reports are still being generated in the SolMan. If so, then you could safely remove the job definition.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member610738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

As we checked early watch report that is scheduled every wednesday and they are updated one.

So there is no effect of this job, so we are going to cancel the same from other servers.

Again thank you for your prompt reply.

With regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member610738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now i am facing a new problem. During analysis of above mentioned issues, i have refreshed the SDCCN page and some RFC's like SAPOSS, SAPNET_RFC from my logon credentials on solution manager.

Now my team recieving Early watch reports from my e-mail i.d in their INBOX (It should be from ADMIN i.d).While i have not done any changes in any of the job scheduling. But I noticed that job SM:EXEC_SERVICES is now scheduled from my i.d while it was scheduled from Admin i.d earlier.

Should i change the job scheduling from my i.d to Admin. Is this is same job from which we recieve EWA or some other job tht i can check?