cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is second Diagnostic agent required in Managed system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am going to install the Solution manager 7.1 with two ( Dev, Prd) system landscape. Managed systems in the lanscape are  ERP ( Dev,Qas,Prd), Portal( Dev,Qas,Prd), BW ( Dev,Qas,Prd).  I want to connect all managed systems to Two Solution managers(Dev,Prd).

My doubt is it possible to connect two solution managers ( Dev, Prd) with single managed system Diagnostic  agent ?

OR

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Lingareddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I bit confused, since your above diagram shows Central SLD 

You can install as much as diagnostics agent in the managed system hosts, but one diagnostics agent can send the data to one solution manager system at a time.

so if you have 2 solution manager , you want to send the data to both the systems from managed system. then you need to install 2 SMD agents on the managed system hosts.

please refer the new agent strategy for 7.1 Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for you reply.

I have one more doubt about Diagnostic agent installation on managed systems.

i.e  1. Diagnoistic agent installation is mandatory on standalone TREX systems.

2. TREX is installed on separate system, now can I configure the TREX to Solution manager system to serach purpose like Service tickes serach, etc.

Thank you very much for your co-operation.

Regards,

Linga reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. yes you can , if you want to do the E2E workload analysis for Trex. else it is not required.

check out this Note 1010428 - End-to-End Diagnostics

2.yes, it is same as TREX configuration for other systems, guess you had the guide for this, i remember we need to do it via trex admin tool, right now i had only this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/5fbb0cc05107dbe10000000a42189b/content.htm

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (0)