cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when referencing sales order from quote.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per the business requirement the quote would be created with a one time customer account since the customer has still not decided to buy, however once he decides to buy then he would be created as a normal customer, however when I am trying to create the sales order with reference to the quote the one time customer is greyed out and the system does not allow me to change the partner function for the sold to party, I checked the partner determination procedure for the sales document header however both the fields not modifiable and mandatory are greyed out for the SP partner function, is there any other configuration in the system where I can change the sold to party when creating the sales order since now the sold to party field is getting greyed out in the sales order.

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VTAA, select your two document types (quotation and sale order) and execute.  There you can see a field "Copying requirements".  Assign routine 002 and save.  Now try to recreate new quotation and sale order and see how it works.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathy,

Thanks for your reply even after making the required change the sold to party is in greyed out mode, the system does not allow me to change the sold to party in the sales order, after I have referenced the sales order from the quote.

Kind Regards

Atul

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

even after making the required change the sold to party is in greyed out

Dont try with the existing quotation.  It will not work.  Try to create a new quotation against which, you create a sale order.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathy,

I have created a new quote and then referenced this quote to the sales order however the same is not working still, the new quote was created post changing the routine in copy controls.

Kind Regards

Atul

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First execute VA01, input the order type and sales area and execute.  There first maintain the new sold to party and now from top menu bar click on "Sales document => Create with reference" and copy the quotation.

I believe, you are not following the above.  After maintaining the order type and sales area, straightaway, you were clicking "Create with reference" which will not work.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathy,

Thanks a lot for all your help Lakshmipathy, the issue stands resolved appreciate your promptness in resolving my issue.

Kind Regards

Atul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Atul Keshav

Its true that when the referenced document is copied into sales order the SP is grey out but if you directly create by sales order with out referencing then this problem will not be there

Check the copy controls

Regards

JNM

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Can you let me in Quote to SO which  copy controls should I check so that the above requirement is met.

Kind Regards

Atul