cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abnormal behavior in WM replenishment

0 Kudos

HI

My replenishment is having an abnormal behaviour.

I have the Auto replenishment for fixed bins, in material master MaxQ: 5600 MinQ:1400 Replishment Q:1400

For material X bin quantity is 1500, when I place an order of 200 and confirm the TO, the quantity of replenishment is only 1400. Should't be 1400x3, trying to reach the max quantity of the bin?

The strange is, if I run LP21 the replenishment quantity is 4200 (1400*3)

Can any one give me some help?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Got it. It's because no transfer requirements are created, and the transfer requirements hold the quantity for the replenishment until it reaches the max capacity.

If the TO's are directly created the quantity for the replenishment will always be the Replenishment Qtd: 1400.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Maybe I explain myself wrong.

If I run LP21 the transfer requirement is created correctly with 4200, and it is right (1400*3). It doesn't reach the limit of 5600.

But in my case, I have set an automatic replenishment for fixed bins, where transfer orders are created directly, and no transfer requirements are created

E.g.

Bin Q: 1500

Max bin Q: 5600

Min bin Q: 1400

Replenishment Q: 1400

I place a sales order of 200, I create the delivery and the TO is created. When I confirm the TO bin quantity falls to 1300, and automaticly a TO of 1400 is created to make the replenishment.

The problem is that the system should create a TO of 4200 (1400*3). Can anybody understand what's going on?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have sufficient stock in place for replenishment?

BR

0 Kudos

Yes, I have stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system takes the replenishment quantity and multiplies it as many times as it can until it has reached he max quantity.

You have 1300 in the Bin, it adds one replenishment of 1400 to get to 2700, then it adds another 1400 because you're not at your max of 5600 yet, nor will you go over.  You're now at 4100.  It adds 1400 and you're at 5500.  If you were to replenish one more time, you would be over the max.  The most it can replenish is 3 * 1400.

If you do not want it to replenish in multiples, then make the replenishment quantity 0, and it will then try to fill to the max everytime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nathan has correctly mentioned this is not a abnormal behavior., it is standard behavior.

Maximum bin qty= it is the quantity till which replenishment will happen

Minimum bin qty= triggering point for replenishment

Replenishment qty= it is qty which will take into account for multiplication during replenishment to reach maximum qty

BR