former_member220853
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I am using Editable ALV table to enter some values in a table

The data type of values are as follows

RFCDEST CHAR 32

USER_GROUP CHAR 12

I enter 2 ros in this editable table and due to some reason on clicking of  submit button of FPM I get error on second row stating the same.

Debug pointer does not even go to action of FPM submit so looks like framework is throwing this error

Even if I put debug pointer in report_error method  (which we are using to throw an error message)

I have attached these fields for OVS usage as well

Since debugger is not stopping I am not sure from where framework is throwing this error

I am really lost

Any inputs will be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a standard or custom application?

Do you know where the particular error Message (is it yours or standard?) is being used in the WDA coding? If you could locate the usage of the the error message you might find the part of coding where the error is thrown.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member220853
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping me out it is a standard application

I am suspecting that may be because of OVS usage component it is throwing this error as when I select the same value from F4 help rather than typing it myself I do not get the error

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might be lucky in case the Where-Used list is maintained for the error. This is what I do when I have a similar case of "where does this error come from?!" :

Doesn't always work - only when the application has been developed in a 'clean' way, but give it a shot:

• Go to SE11, Table T100.
  • Try finding the message that is displayed by searching for the message string. Use many wildcards cause you can't see which part of the message comes from variables.
  • If you find the message within T100, you now know the message class and message number.
  • By knowing this, you can go to transaction se91 and search the message within the message class and HERE you have the Where-Used list available which will hopefully point to the application where it is used.

If this doesn't work because it's probably hard-coded, you will have a lot of searching and debugging ahead ;-/

Cheers, Lukas

former_member220853
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking time of your busy schedule in guiding me on how to look and solve this error

I found the root cause

I was setting up a value set for the context node in wdMosifyView of this view . I added that code as part of RnD yesterday when I removed that code it started working as expected

We shall always remove the Rnd code as we don't knwo when framework becomes mad and starts throwing this error

I am marking your answer as helpful answer for your previous time that you spent trying to help me out