cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page interleaving in SAP PDF forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to print DIR Images in multiple pages dynamically based on DIR attribute. We are defining an attribute Page size ( Letter/Tabloid) for DIR.

If DIR page size is Letter it should print the Image on Letter page, if the DIR page size is Tabloid , it should print the image on Tabloid page. How can I set the pagination attribute dynamically??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems like a challenging scenario.

Can you tell me when you are displaying the image, are you doing it statically or dynamically?

If statically, what attributes you are trying to read in formcalc for that image and if you are displaying it dynamically from a custom table.

I want to know what attribute you are reading and where to determine if the DIR image is a letter size or tabloid size inside the form?

Regards,

Nitin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Thanks for your response.

When I upload the image to DIR, I am defining the page size (page the Image is going to displayed), Page size is a DIR attribute, I can read this attribute in Adobe form. But ho I can set the Page size based on this Attribute. I am displaying the image dynamically from a table a images read from DMS.

I am trying find to set Pagination parameters of a sub form ("Place" "After") dynamically either through Java script or Form calc.

This is what I did:

I have two master pages

1. Letter

2. Tabliod.

Three Internal tables

1) Table of DIR version

2) Images to be printed on Letter page (Let us say Version 01, Version 03, and Version 05)

3) Images to be printed on Tabloid Page (Let us say Version 02, Version 04, and Version 06)

I run a loop before the Image tables starts printing. 

So first Image in on Letter, second is tabloid, third is letter, fourth is tabloid, fifth is letter, and sixth is tabloid.

I set the Pagination for Letter Image table Place = "On Page "Letter", After: “Go to Page Letter" and

set the Pagination for Tabloid Image table Place = "On Page "Tabloid", After :"Go to Page Tabloid"

It starts printing image 1 on Letter page, Image 2 on Tabloid page, and Image 3 onwards it is printing Tabloid, I am expecting Image 3 should print on Letter page.

Please advise.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram, I am not sure of how to achieve what i am saying, but can we resolve this issue by adding dynamic pages in the layout by some code in form calc using page size attribute (letter / tabloid page size) .

Please as this is a kind of new thing for all of us to learn, so if you by any chance get a solution to it please post it here.

Rgds,

NItin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Do it like this, select the Restrict Page count   and Check MinCount   and Max Count.

then the master pages are generated alternatively  for every page break.

Thanks.

Uma