cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIPostInstallProcess erro with credentials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I tried posting this in the Netweaver Administrators forum but have had no good responses yet, so I'm trying here.

I just installed a new PI 7.0 system (nw2004s) and am going through the post installation routine. I have reached the step where I need to run the PIPostInstallProcess template through the NWA (NetWeaver Administrator). I log in via the web interface at http://server:port/nwa and use the account J2EE_ADMIN. When I navigate to <b>Deploy and Change</b> I select the PIPostInstallProcess template and attempt to run it, however it fails at step 7 <i>Add Installed Product2</i>. The last part of the error

<i>Element 'SAPConfigLib.XD2.Unclassified.addInstalledProduct':!BrokerImport.import_of_element_failed!!BrokerImport.Fehler!com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.exceptions.CPIBaseException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.CPIResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.provider.javaServiceProvider.JavaServiceWriter.writeElement!BrokerImport.LINE!157-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.86

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.serviceimpl.importservice.CULConfigurationImport.importConfiguration.96

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.ccl.templateinstaller.StepExecuter.run.41

Element 'SAPConfigLib.XD2.Unclassified.addInstalledProduct':Error during executing Java Reflection:User credentials are invalid or user is denied access</i>

The last part of that is of particular interest to me, where it says <i>User credentials are invalid or user is denied access</i>. I'm not sure if this is referring to the user that I have logged in as (J2EE_ADMIN) or perhaps some other user in the system, maybe an RFC connection didn't get setup properly or something. Honestly I'm not quite sure. Now, I tried to log in via the J2EE Administrator on the server side and examining the <b>Security Provider</b> service. I attempted to create a new user and assign him the role of SAP_J2EE_ADMIN but I recieve an error saying that it can't create that user. In fact, I can't really do anything in the Security Provider service without recieving an error. I am not sure exactly why this is happening, but perhaps it has something to do with the error I am getting on the PIPostInstallProcess template. I just thought I'd mention it in case it trigged something in someone's mind that could help.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note no. 939892 is really helpful. This note confirms that we can run Template Installer again if it failed at Step-7 or Step-8 to execute remaining steps 9-21. However failed steps 7 and (or) 8 should be fixed manually. I could do it successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have more information on the topic.....

When I create a user in 001 it shows up in the J2EE Administrator on the server side, however if I create the user in client 400 (the one I created) then it doesn't show up in the J2EE Administrator. This is unlike another system that is set up in which a user created in the custom client shows up in the J2EE Administrator. Does anyone know how I can link the client 400 in my new PI system to the J2EE Administrator? Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently SAP note 939892 addresses the problem and gives a solution in case anyone else runs into a similar problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison, thanks for the info.

Did you find a solution for not having users created in your client 400 appear in j2ee administrator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please write how did you solve that issue?, as i am having same prb.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://hostname:port/

Where the port will look something like 5xx00, where xx is your instance number, so if that is 10 for example the port will be 51000.

Then select the link for <b>User Management</b>

You have to log in with a user who has j2ee_admin privelages I believe. The user PISUPER will work or you can create one.

Select the link <b>User Management Configuration</b>

Select the tab <b>ABAP System</b>

Select <b>Modify Configuration</b>

Change the client to whatever your new client is. But make sure to test the connection before saving it, because a lot of things will break if you don't test and then save it with the connection not working. Also, <u>make sure</u> that your client copy is generated from 001 as the source for both the system and users master. If you don't select 001 as the source for the client copy then the roles for system users such as SAPJSF and J2EE_ADMIN, etc, won't get copied and a lot of things will break.

Anyway, that's where you do it, good luck!