cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Role mapping to Users GRC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all: 

Had a question regarding Business Role Mapping to Users in Access Controls, trying to figure out if there is a way to extract the following information from GRC Access Controls:

• Report or table that would show the User to Business Role mapping.
  • Report or table that would show the Business Role to Technical Role Mapping (Roles in back-end system)

Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Hi Jose,

You can find the Business Role mapping to users through GRAC_CHECK_BROLE_ASSIGNMENT report.

Hope you are looking for this report!

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Siva,

This report gives us details with the Users , business role and technical role mapping.

Regards,

Sindhu

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

even if no Business role is assigned, this report shows all the roles that are assigned to each user , in all the systems that GRC is connected to.

thisisdeepakjha
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just stumbled upon this thread and thought of replying. You can use "User to Role Relationship" available under "Role Mining" on the Access Management tab of NWBC.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Shreya and Jatin for those tables.  Still trying to think through the best way where I can create a query in GRC which will pull together the business role, associated roles linked to that business role, and the tcodes that are assigned to those roles which make up the business role.  Not sure if anyone has ever created such a query or report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was under the impression that SAP have fixed this within the User Role report in SP14 or 15 after many calls raised from Many customers. I know you can see the relation within the Access Request screen when querying existing assignments also.

former_member208271
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fadel

Did you come right with your Query?

I am looking for the same thing and having issues with joining tables.

Regards

Mustafa

jatin_grover
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1. GRACUSERROLE - check BUS_ROLEID

2. GRACROLERELAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck with finding the tables/reports?  Also looking for something similar if anyone has any ideas.  Specifically looking for a report or the table where I can trace business role to security role to tcode.

Thanks

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fadel,

Please check the below table. it has the entries for all Business Roles and mappings.

GRACBUSROLESNAP.

Hope this would be helpful!

Thanks & regards,

Shreya Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I have found that there is a report under the Access Management tab in the NWBC that can give you the User to Business Role when searching by a User.

Under the Access Management tab, there is a section called Access Request Administration. In the listing of links under here there is a Provisioning Logs option. Here I have the option to search by a User, for example. The results will give me the User to Business Role mapping. This report is designed to show the requests that were created for a particular user and the provisioning action for the respective business role.

A request can be made to either remove or add a Business Role to a user. The Provisioning Logs shows you all the activity. This way you can determine what Business Role/s a particular User currently has or previously had.

The column, "Parent Item Name" must be shown to give you the Business Role name. The "Provisioning Action" column is also important so that you know if the role was added or removed. The column settings can be manipulated using the Settings option on this report.

This is the closest that I can find with regards to the User/Business Role mapping when searching by a user. My previous post is another method to determine what a user currently has, but it is a tedious method. This method is easier.

I don't know the tables that this report uses; however, I will continue to search for them.

This helps in my organization and I hope that it will assist you as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jose,

I have been searching for same for some time now.

Sadly as Aneesh stated, it seems as though this is not available. We have found a short term method of determining what Business Role is assigned to a user. If you create a new GRC Request for a change to a user and select the Existing Assignments button, it will show you the Technical roles and the associated Business Role currently assigned to a user.

Having some experience is developing ABAP reports, I am also looking for the tables that store the Business Roles (Not sure I will) so that I can try to develop a custom report to achieve such.

Hope this was helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akhil,

That table only contains the following fields:

• Client
  • GUID (which is a long string that appears to be encrypted)
  • Target Connector
  • Time Stamp
  • User (which appears to be the user who submitted the request)

Therefore, that table doesn't seem to be the answer.

I was, however, able to get the Business Role to Technical Role mapping via the "Role Search" reporting in the NWBC. 

Any other ideas on how to get the Business Role to User mapping? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Kindly open the Business Role by searching it in NWBC. In the tab "Additional Details" you can see the users assigned under "Users Assigned" as shown below:

I hope this resolves your query!!

Best Regards,

Smriti

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jose

first report that you are looking for USER to BUSINESS Role mapping is not at all available . This is already there in idea place and hope sap will address soon as this very basic functionality missed for business role .

For second report ,I would suggest to go to NWBC - in Role management section you can see role maintenance where you can see all roles created in the system .

You can export this by going to detail export and you can all roles and associated role with system .You can find some field which are not relevant .

Hope this will help .

Thanks Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asheesh

Since we can't find the relevant idea for the user to business role mapping can you please point out the link to the specific idea so we would be able to vote for it?

Kind Regards,

Shira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Smriti,

thanks for this usefull hint. But somehow I am not able to see the users assigned to my Business roles. I have run sync jobs, but nothings helps. This column is blank. Do you have any idea what can be the cause of that?

best regards

Sabrina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Can you please check with table 'GRACRLCONNSTA' in Tcode: SE16.

Regards,

Akhil Chopra