cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odata Service not visible in NW Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have maintained the model class and the data class in the SPRO -> Reference IMG -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver Gateway ... -> Maintain Object Model and Maiintain Service in the backend system. The version of IWBEP in the backend is 200 and Level is 0002. We are using the Gateway server with EHP2.

The problem what we are facing is that, we are not able to view the services maintained in the backend system in the Gateway server.

We would like to know how to make the service available automatically in Gateway server once we maintain the entries in the backend.

Please Suggest.

Regards,

Shrikant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally you should be finding them in your hub, this looks strange.

Have you tried if catalog contains services you have registered on hub? If your catalog has services in it, you can ensure that nothing is wrong. If it does not have the services, may be you can try re-registering them again.

Also, if you have more than one backend servers registered with your hub, there are chances that you might not be selecting right system when trying to check services registered.

Br,

Nadh

former_member198774
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After configuration of My Team calendar 1.0,Odata service not showing in front end system.

I have assigned required roles in backed and front end system.

But seems to be same issue.

Thanks

Vijay.

Jeff-Gebo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

configuring the service is just part of the process...you also need to register the service on the Gateway server. If I remember correctly in SP2 this was done with transaction /IWFND/REG_SERVICE on the gateway server. Here you will be able to browse the service configured on the backend system and activate the you created...if you don't see it here then there is something wrong with the configuration.

Please note, starting in SP3 this transaction is deprecated and you should use transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Cheers,
Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeff,

Yes you are correct, in SP3 we need to use the TCode "/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE".

But i am not even able to see the service in this TCode.

The interesting part is that previously (few days before) i was able to afdd  those services & those are still activated. But now i need to add few more services, which i am not able to see/call/browse.

You mentioned that there must be something wrong with the configuration.

Here configuration means something related to system configuration or installation?

Please Suggest.

Regards,

Shrikant.

Jeff-Gebo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

yes, you need to add the service...so you are on SP3 correct? Then use /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE above you mentioned the backend was on SP2 of IWBEP...you should not mix and match GW SPS...if GW is on SP3 then the backend IW_BEP must be on SP3.

In any case, you need to add the service to Gateway in the maintenance transaction. You will see there an Add button near the top of the screen to add a service.

Cheers,
Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeff for response.

My Backend SAP ECC server is EH5 with IW_BEP installed on it with level 0003.

Simillarly, my NW GW server is EHP2 with IW_BEP installed on it with level 0003.

So, on both sides my IW_BEP is installed with SP3 only.

Also, i know how to add services on GW. My concern is, i have added the services few days back on NW GW. But today i am not able to do so with some new OData services on GW.

Infact, even i cant see any of services while adding it, when i specify the backend system alias & internal service name, i gets nothing.

Regards,

Shrikant

Jeff-Gebo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Never seen that happen...sounds like it is time to open up an OSS message.

Did you recently upgrade to SP3? Above you said SP2...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Jeff, on backend, after seeing your reply i upgraded it to level 0003 yesterday.

Actually, my scenario is like:-

Few days back i have installed a Mobility component "MIVERPSD" on backend(not on GW). And then i was able to call its OData services on GW & successfully added those also.

But today i want to add one more service of same component, but i am not able to find those service while adding it.

Simillarly, the services which i had added & activated previously of component "MIVERPSD"

now again if i want to find it(just for testing purpose), i am not able to do so.

Regards,

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Whe you add a service and activate it a pop-up box asks you to enter the package for this service. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you enter the correct package name here. for e.g. $tmp

If you enter the wrong package name here, your service could become unreachable.

Regards

Gururaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

we are also facing the same issue we can see the services in ECC System but we not able to find them in Gateway system ,Could you please help us how you have resolved this issue.

Regards,

Trilochan

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Trilochan,

When we want to register GW Service OR when we add GW Service in GW HUB System, its visibility depends on the how the System Alias configuration is maintained in SPRO. Also depends on the way development and deployment of GW services as well.

1. The System Alias setting to be done is different when we create GW Service/MPC-DPC Classes in GW system and register in GW System itself. We just make a call to FM which is in Back-End system via an Remote call.

2. The System Alias setting to be done is different when we create GW Service/MPC-DPC Classes in Back-End system , Maintain Tech Model , Maintain Tech Service and register the Service in GW HUB System.

3. The System Alias setting to be done differs when Back-End system itself contain your GW component.

The development and deployment aspect is very important.

If u can share how is the Development & Deployment of your GW service is done, then we can suggest the System Alias setting to be done.

This will determine the service visibility when we try to add GW Service.

Regards,

Ashwin