Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3: CUP Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have CUP setup in our landscape..

There are certain roles which have no approver assigned (kind of preapproved).

The issue is when a Manager tries to approve a CUP request at the first level & the second level has only one pre-approved role, he gets a message saying:

Failed to process your request, Configuration error, Approvers not found for ROLE_OWN_NOSOD stage

If a request has multiple roles (with respective approvers) & one of the roles is a preapproved one (no approver assigned), all goes smooth.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Saba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

This error occurs when your request does not find a approver as per the 'Approver Determinator' defined in next stage of workflow path. Then request goes to escape route if the option 'Escape Routing Enabled' is
set as 'Yes' and the stage & path of escape route are not defined.

You need to follow the below steps to resolve this error.

1. Go to Configuration -> Workflow -> Escape Route.
2. Either you configure the path & stage information or disable the    escape route. (i.e. set 'Escape Routing Enabled' to 'NO')
3. Save it.

I hope this works.

Regards,

Yukti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yukti & Vaner.

Thank you so much for the replies..

Yes..I do have "Approve Roles without Approvers" set & an Escape route deifned as well..

The escape route takes you to stage 3 on condition "Approver not found"..

Is there something else I could check..

Thank you n have a great day  .

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba

Kindly check that you have defined 'to path' and from stage' correctly in the maintain route mapping for the detour path being used when there is no role owner. Also kindly check that in stage level settings of your main path under task settings routing is enabled.

Best regards,

Smriti

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

And also, for the second query where you said that it is going smooth when there are multiple roles!

That is actually happening because of the settings again.

Please also look into one more setting given in my screenshot where approval type is 'any one approver'.

If I set this, then if any approver of roles when approves the request it gets satisfied and hence completes the request.

Best Regards,

Akhil Chopra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

No issues:-)

Please refer to the screenshot where we can maintain the settings:

Regards,

Akhil Chopra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

In this scenario we can always change our stage level settings i.e. make 'approval level' and 'Rejection level' to 'Request Level' instead of 'RoleLevel'.

Now submitt the request again and it will bypass the 'no approver found' error and will be closed successfully. When 'Role Level' is set, it searches for a role user and results into error.

Best Regards,

Akhil Chopra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smriti/Akhil,

I have only one Stage defined under Detour.. that of Role_owner..

Can you please elaborate how I can check "stage level settings i.e. make 'approval level' and 'Rejection level' to 'Request Level' instead of 'RoleLevel'."

I'm a little new to CUP...sorry.

Thank you.

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saba,

Do you have any Detour with condition "No Role Owners" or "Roles with No Owner" set up for this first stage?    

Do you have Auto Approve implemented with parameter ""  In Configuration/Roles/Roles Selection ?

I had a similar scenario, but depending on your answers, it may not apply to you.

Vaner