cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webi reports are not opening after migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I am facing an issue. I have migrated everything related to BO from testing environment to a new development environment .Now when i am trying to open any webi report from my developement environment, it giving me error "An internal error occured while calling the 'openDocumentMDP' API. (Error: WIS 30270) (Error: INF)"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

For understand can youtell about your environment and explain little briefly.

Possible causes

The Error Messages Explained guide states that “Information about the document or the data source is invalid or not available.” which means that the document processing has been interrupted at some point because one of the APIs has experienced an error.

The generic indication that can be refined only by analyzing the sub-type,
which is characterized by the API specified in the error message.

• Check the for security model(Folder,report,universe and connection).
  • when you are migrating the report along with the Universe and Connection.

Thank you,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Our Development environment is a new one and does not have any thing. It is blank. So, for the first time we are migrating BO staging environment to BO Development environment so that we can start developing our reports and universe in development environment it self. We migrate our reports and universes through .biar files, but never face any such issue.

We have taken latest .biar file from BO staging environment and imported to BO development environment. But when i am accessing any report that are migrated, it throws the error message.

I have followed some forums and make the root directories path identiacal to Staging Environment.

I have tried so many imports, but still getting the error.

But one thing i want to note here. When i am importing the .biar file i am getting warning messages in log file as below:

"The Wizard encountered problems when importing object security information. Some information was not imported. Failed to import rights for: Administrators, Everyone"

If this is the cuase then how can we solve it.

I so check-in import application rights, import repository objects, import profiles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do check-in "import application rights","import repository objects","import profiles while" while importing from .biar file.

I created a sample webi report in Developement Environment, saved it, closed. Then i opned it, it is opening. I migrate this sample webi report to Satging Enviornment, it is opening there.

Please help.

0 Kudos

Umesh,

Which version of SAP BO is using in both environments.

Before going taking .BIAR make sure the repository doesn't have corrupted objects if exist identify and ignore while taking .BIAR.

• can you try create two .BIAR files. one for Users alone and second one for Folder and Reports.
  • while you creating for BIAR for Folders and Reports, On universe and connection level
    • Select the 3rd option (import the universes and connection that selected Webi)
    • Check the result log for further

Let me know you need any help on this.

Thank you,

Venkatesh