cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No preselection of a row in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I set, that there is no preselection of a row in a table?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lisi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I'm assuming you want the automatic select action not to be executed on the first execution of the service connected to the table, but you want to be able to manually select rows in the same table and in this case execute the select action.

If this is the case, one option to solve the problem would be as follows:

1. Create a data store with a field and connect it to the output of the service.

2. Initialize the field in the data store with 0 (zero)

3. connect the output of the table to the same data store

4. Add 1 to the field in the data store on every selection (the event on the line connecting to the data store should be select and the expression on the mapping to the data store field should be something like @field==@field+1)

5. On the original select event create a guard condition with the following expression @field>1, this way the select action will be executed only when a user manually selects a row in the table.

Hope it helps,

Lisi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The <b>second example</b> shows how to do it. (This example sets a guard condition for the next dataservice after the table. The first row in table will anyway selected).Refer the previous post for step by step instructions.

<a href="/people/jarrod.williams/blog/2006/12/14/visual-composer-tips-and-tricks:///people/jarrod.williams/blog/2006/12/14/visual-composer-tips-and-tricks

The model is also available for download

Regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sooraj,

I have done like on the example.

The process is stopped before the table is displayed and then, the system doesn´t respond.

martin_wolpers
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi guys,

as for my experience, the initial selct of a table (first line) cannot be suppressed.

This has an expecially nasty effect if you're using the select event.

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps this might help for the solution:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Changeinitialselect

Just "find" a row that doesn't exist and let's see, if any record gets selected or not....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

I think the only way is that you set your table selection setting to "unselectable", but then you can't select any row. I don't know any other way.

Best Reagards,

Marcel