cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly processing with project account assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am trying to use strategy group 82 (production order creation thru Sales order) and the line item has Project account assignment (Q). System is giving following error-

"Assembly process only possible for engineer or

cust. make-to-order prod."

It works fine without Q account assignment.

Any insights on how to proceed further?

Thanks

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I have checked these combinations.

Its getting determined to P/Q/M hence system is not allowing it.

I changed the strategy to 21 with assembly processing. With this I am able to create production order but it's trying to fetch Produciton order components either from Plant stock or Sales orders stock (based on Ind/collective 1/2)

My requirement is:

I am planning/reserving components using Project, so I have Q component stock. However, the delivery should happen against sales order, That means the deliverable component should be in Sales order stock.

I am not able to achieve this combination (that is- delivery thru Sales order stock and component consumption from Project stock)

I cannot do delivery thru project stock as the BOM is recursive.

I dont want to stock transfer component to sales order stock as it will determine that the deliverable stock is available (again because the BOM is recursive)

What are the other standard options of achieving this?

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Could you please check the settings for item :

Consumption posting indicator and Special stock indicator .

Also check the settings for availibity check.

Thanks

Sourav

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the said error message, SAP is recommending to check the following area:-

Have you checked that ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I have checked these combinations.

Its getting determined to P/Q/M hence system is not allowing it.

I changed the strategy to 21 with assembly processing. With this I am able to create production order but it's trying to fetch Produciton order components either from Plant stock or Sales orders stock (based on Ind/collective 1/2)

My requirement is:

I am planning/reserving components using Project, so I have Q component stock. However, the delivery should happen against sales order, That means the deliverable component should be in Sales order stock.

I am not able to achieve this combination (that is- delivery thru Sales order stock and component consumption from Project stock)

I cannot do delivery thru project stock as the BOM is recursive.

I dont want to stock transfer component to sales order stock as it will determine that the deliverable stock is available (again because the BOM is recursive)

What are the other standard options of achieving this?

Thanks,

Mahesh.