cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization text on MI client

Former Member
0 Kudos

When MI client synchronizes with server , Synchronization text appears . If the end users are not able to understand the meaning of sync text , I need to modify the sync text so that it would be user friendly .

How should I aproach this problem? I need to know where on my MI application , the sync text messages are mapped with messages coming from server .

There is Sync log class which takes care of Sync messages . I can use it in my controller servlet to get the Sync messages and show them on MI client . But if I want to modify the sync messages , then I need to know where the messages are stored .

Can anybody tell me where on MI application the sync messages are stored ?

Thanks and Regards

Rucha Atre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rucha,

Some synchronization log messages are saved in their corresponding props bundle,

and some are hard-coded. You can change the existing message logs by changing

their values in the properties file. These props file are included in the MEg.jar file.

Synchronization log messages resource files:

mi_sync_<lang>.properties e.g. mi_sync_en.properties for EN

are located at com\sap\ip\me\sync package.

UI labels are localized using the files:

mobile_engine_<lang>.properties

are located at com\sap\ip\me\awtapps\home package of the MEg.jar.

hope this help.

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jo ,

Thanks a lot for the useful answer . I have created a simple Sync BO using getList() and getDetails() bapi wrappers . I have imported metaRepXML file on SAP netweaver . I checked there in MEg.jar file . This is a .Class file . Do u mean that I convert this file and alter the Sync messages as I wish and then put the modified .class file again to application and export the application ?

Thanks & Regards ,

Rucha Atre

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Helloo Rucha,

JAR file are just like zip files. If you have winrar installed on your local machine,

u can use winrar to unpack this jar file. From that unpacked contents, u can locate those file mentioned by Jo.U can edit these property files, since you can edit those property files using a text editor like notepad..Edit the messages accordingly and again replace the old property file with the modified one.Just pack the files again.

If u do not have winrar, then use the command prompt(if it is windows) to rename the .jar file to meg.zip.This .zip file can easily be unpacked using the winzip support available in the Windows XP.

<< checked there in MEg.jar file . This is a .Class file .>>

MEg.jar file is not a .class file. its a .jar file which contains one or more class files. Jar file's contents could be a number of class files or property files.

Regards,

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rucha,

the .class files are the java classes of the MI libraries. jar files are not limited to

class files only. it is just a zip archive for all your application binaries and resources.

you can extract the jar files using the <b>jar</b> program (commandline) of the JDK.

try giving it an option -? for details. look for the files (mentioned in my previous) on

the directory to which you extracted the jar file. do the necessary modification on

it. when finish, you can create a jar file for the directory structure which you had

extracted. here you can use the same commandline program <b>jar</b>. just the

opposite of what you did during the extraction.

regards

jo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jo,

By using ur info , I was able to change the Sync text messages and test it also .

Thank You ,

Rucha