cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harmonize the maintenance of a complex HCM landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a question.

We run a complex HCM SAP landscape and we are looking for a possibility to harmonize the maintenance of all related systems like the classic HCM-SAP-System, a portal landscape for MSS/ESS-applications and front-end-systems for EBV.

As far as I know, the SAP Solution Manager offers with the MOPZ only the isolated maintenance planning for one single system version, like the HCM component. I need a possibility that considers also the sideeffects and dependencies of the support package and Enhancement packages for the single systems

Does anyone knows a solution (also software from other vendors, who charge for this) to solve this problem?

I hope to get a answer from you soon, because the question is really urgent.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Maintenance optimizer, you can also generate side effect report for the support packages/enhancement packages.

In case you are looking for dependency between different system then you can also use Upgrade dependency analyzer tool (http://service.sap.com/uda)

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

thank a lot for your quick response. I just checked the UDA, but as it seems, the tools is not suitable for my requirements, because it allows only to check two different systems at one time and further it supports only upgrade and not support packages.

You mentioned, that I can generate site effect reports for support packages. Is this really possible for different systems? I only found a solution for one single system version, like the HCM System.

Kind regards

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, this is not possible for different systems. You can generate side effect report for one system only. But upgrading support packages should not effect other system.

Dependency between different systems generally comes during release upgrade.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)