cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arranging groups with same width..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have an issue arranging group in the same width in a view.

I am using one transparent container and one group.

The Root element container is Matrix Layout format.

But when it displays, it don't have the same width.

Also not sure how to stretch the table width ?

Please find the screen shot for example.

Cheers

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The TransparentContainer and Group in your screen shot may very well be the same width, but you just can't see the boundaries of the TransparentContainer.

Only UI elements that have stretchedHorizonatally and stretchedVertically properties can be stretched out to occupy the full width (or height) of their surrounding container. For example, a Tray, Group, or TransparentContainer can be stretched horizontally, but a Table cannot. If you tell a Table to use 60% width, it will use as much width as it needs to draw its columns, up to 60%, but if it needs less than 60%, it won't stretch.

You could try surrounding both the TransparentContainer (blue) and Group (red) in another TransparentContainer (green). Setting blue and red to be stretchedHorizontally  will stretch them to the boundary of green. In this way, the green TransparentContainer can help to make both containers the same width.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amy. But still even if I use Horizontal stretch or width property of the Group is not working.

I figure out I can create a dummy Textview in every Group and give its width to match with other Groups or Transparent container.

Don't understand there is no standard way of doing this. always workaround way.

Sam

Answers (0)