cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Creating Inspection Lot... Item was not created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

When I'm trying to create a delivery for sales order, I'm getting the following error message and delivery is not happening.

Error creating inspection lot for material xxxxxxx

Message no. VL170

Diagnosis

An internal error has occurred during the creation of an inspection lot for material xxxxx

System Response

The item was not created.

Procedure

Analyse the following error message (QA129) from QM:

Enter the start date as well as the end date

Could you please help me in resolving this isuue

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your continued response. I have maintained all required configuration and master data setup.

I have maintained Inspection lot origin 10 to the delivery type and maintained inspection type 10 in material master.

Regards

Kumar

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you are missing some dates in the delivery.  The error message seems to indicate the start date is missing.  This should come from the delivery and be the date the shipment needs to be picked in order to meet the scheduled delivery date.

Do you have this for one shipment?  Is it for all shipments of this material? For one customer or for all customers?  What happens if you create a delivery for the current date and deliver it immediately?

What type of testing have you done to check this out?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your reply. I'm looking for inspection type 10.

I didn't maintained Avg.insp.duration in inspection setup.

Regards

Kumar

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Seems inspection lot is not getting generated and system is demanding to enter inspection start / end dates. Since this is the inspection before PGI, movement type does not have any role here. It must be co-related with assignments related to delivery type. I don't know what exactly went wrong there but if you can,

1. Kindly ensure you have assigned inspection lot origin 10 to the correct delivery type. Verify this through following path
  2. QCC0 > Quality Inspection > Inspection lot creation > Inspection at shipping > Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type
  3. I hope you already have assigned inspection type 10 in material master.

Regards,

Anand Rao

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

1. Which inspection type lot you are expecting here? 10 or 06?
  2. Have you entered Avg. insp. duration in inspection set up against inspection type? Try by removing it.

AR