Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP PI and BPM - Processing multiple intermediate messages failing

Hello,

I have configured a scenario where BPM waits for the Intermediate message. PI will send multiple messages to BPM at a single point of time. For example if PI sends 7 messages( i.e calling BPM 7 times), then sometimes BPM accepts 2 messages immediately and the rest 5 goes into the error status. Then I have to restart those messages from PI one by one to make the process successful. Sometimes BPM accepts 4 messages and so on. I don't know if there are any settings that I need to change or is there a problem with my design itself. My only doubt was the Gateway that I have chosen. But not sure about that.

This is the error I'm getting in the log - "com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.runtime.RuntimeProcessException: Technical difficulties were experienced during process execution"

Again, just to clarify - if I resend my messages one by one the BPM accepting it. Only it fails if I send multiple transactions at a given point of time.

I truly appreciate if someone could shed some lights on this issue.

Thanks,

Justin.

BPM.JPG (12445 B)
replied

Hi Justin,

the correlation feature was reworked and recently published. This might be also related to the error you are facing. Details are described in SAP Note 1615142. Unfortunately, the fix is not available for 7.31 SP3, but only SP4.

Best regards,

Stefan

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question