cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.0 IR & ID Login Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of our PI systems all of a sudden has started to give error " Data required for logon (server and port) is not available" when clicking the IR or ID link.

It opens the login window and after giving the login credentials it give the below error.

Detail log has the following entries ( copying only the lines I thought are exceptions):

com.sap.aii.ib.clsif.login.rb_all.MISSING_DATA

com.sap.aii.ib.core.login.LoginServiceException: Data required for logon (server and port) is not available

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

15:31:43 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG AutoLog.created.com.sap.aii.ib.core.login.LoginServiceException: Data required for logon (server and port) is not available

#3 15:31:43 [AWT-EventQueue-0] FINE AutoLog.created.com.sap.aii.ib.core.service.TypeNotRegisteredException: com.sap.aii.ib.core.service.TypeNotRegisteredException: Type "TypeConntestObj" is not registered in service class Type Service - Type Information

---------------------------------

I have already checked the note with the same symtoms related to Client properties settings in Exchange profile and found all correct entries.

None of the PI users are locked, ABAP login is fine and SLD check done, cache refreshed.

Any inputs on how to debug this problem?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Check the Note 998481 - Logon to Repository/Directory does not work, it deals with your problem

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki Vila for the update, this is the same note that says about the Client Properties in exchange profile.

I checked this already and found that in my system its exactly the same as said in the above note.

Any other tips?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though not related to my problem and not applicable to my PI system I tried out the note 864268 and it worked. This is one of our Dev servers with multiple instances and PI & EP running with different instance numbers probably causing a conflict in the rmi port. What I was seeing on the Administration -AII properties and what I see in the exchange profile- Connections- Repository RMI Port and Directory RMI port were two different RMI ports which I noticed today.

in AII properties it was showing 50004 ( where 00 is the instance of EP - 8000)

while in exchange profile I had maintained 50104 where 01 is the PI instance - 8001).

I refreshed the AII properties, cleared cache nothing resulted in updating it to the correct rmi port.

Hope this helps someone later.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

did you try to login RWB and same error?

And check for host file in drivers path and JRE version.

Regards,

Gagandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can login to RWB and all the exisiting interfaces are working also.

host file on my local pc or in the server? and what should I be checking ?

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check for ur Local PC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other inputs guys?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Have you restart the integration server after the change of exchange profile parameters?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No PI users are locked in the system or expired.

Exchange profile parameters were correct as mentioned in the note so I didnt have to make any changes. I did try restarting the whole system also once.

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try clearing Java cache on your machine? I am not sure if this is going to help, but ensuring that there are no java cache related issues will help in identifying the root cause.  You can look up at What is Java Web Start and how is it launched? for accessing the cache viewer and then remove all the applications and relaunch your PI tools from url.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nageshwar,

Good to see you here mate after a long time   and thanks for the update.

This PI system doesnt login from any machine I tried, I did clear the cache of Java web start on my machine , tried to reinitialize and force signing from Administration also.

What I noticed is it doesnt even go the login services ( probably doesnt know where to go ) because when I tried a wrong password for the user the error was same and didnt give me the wrong password error.

Jacob

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Another thing i can think of is, did you check the user used for communication between Java and ABAP? Check if that user is locked. If the user is locked, when you restart your system, your java AS will not even come up. You can run SUIM report to check if any of the users are locked at all.