cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.1.3 and PersonalizationParameter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My application uses personalization parameters (username, password) to authenticate the user during synchronization.

Everything worked fine on previous versions of SUP, as soon as I updated to 2.1.3 I started getting invalid credential errors during synchronization.

I finally noticed that the application is using SUP login "supAdmin" as my personalization parameter. Anyone knows why SUP is behaving this way and overriding my personalization parameter (username, password) with the username and password in SUPConnectionProfile?

- (void)viewDidLoad
{
       Demo_213PersonalizationParameters *personalizationParameters = [Demo_213Demo_213DB getPersonalizationParameters];

// Adding observer to see changes to username
       [personalizationParameters addObserver:self forKeyPath:@"username" options:NSKeyValueObservingOptionNew context:nil];

SUPConnectionProfile *synchronizationProfile = [Demo_213Demo_213DB getSynchronizationProfile];
       [synchronizationProfile setAsyncReplay:YES];
       [synchronizationProfile setUser:@"mySAPUsername"];
       [synchronizationProfile setPassword:@""];
       // As soon as I call synchronize it overrides my personalization parameter values with the ones in connection profile
       [Demo_213Demo_213DB synchronize];
}
- (void)observeValueForKeyPath:(NSString *)keyPath ofObject:(id)object change:(NSDictionary *)change context:(void *)context
{
     NSLog(@"key:%@ value:%@", keyPath, change);
}

LogResult from key value observing: (The second one gets called as soon as I call synchronize)

key:username  value:mySAPUsername

key:username  value:supAdmin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aryan

The "username" and "password" are built-in system defined personalization keys.

These are used during developing MBO.

Refer to here

During developing of MBO from the data source definition page

if you use these predefined personalization keys, these are used not only for SUP authentication but also back-end EIS.

Refer to  here

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Takayoshi,

Thanks for the information.You mentioned:

"if you use these predefined personalization keys, these are used not only for SUP authentication but also back-end EIS."

I am using these personalization parameters during creation of the MBOs, the problem is that I have 2 sets of username and password that I need to be using.

1- SUP (Admin credentials to connect and login to SUP server)

2- SAP (User specific credentials to authenticate the current user against SAP)

On Previous versions I was doing.

onlineLogin ("supAdmin", @""password);

setPersonilizationParameter ("personalUsername", "anotherPassword")

This is no longer possible due to SUP overriding my personalization parameter

So how can I manage having 2 different sets of username and password on 2.1.3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aryan

I understand what you want.

If credentials to SAP is not dynamic but static then you may enter SAP credential from the data source definition page during the development of MBO.

Anyway I also know whether SUP override personalization parameter or not and this is only happened by degrade bug.