cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a difference FKDAT and ERDAT??

former_member258246
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I need know this, because i need do data extraction the month from tables VBRK, VBRP ...

if i do join with VBELN and select a month Jun 2012 what is the best practice for do it with recurrence a month?...

right now i select from FKDAT 01.06.2012 - 30.06.2012 in VBRK with join with VBRP with VBELN but the performance is a very poor.

i think if i do a select from VBRK-FKDAT and i do other selection in VBRP-ERDAT isolate the select in each table and then join columns between the two tables can be best performance but i don´t know if between ERDAT and FKDAT exist a issue  if i combined or if are similar ...

i need help or a small explanation...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arturo,

I'm not sure if I understood your question.

But the difference between ERDAT and FKDAT is quite clear if you check the field description.

• FKDAT: Billing date
  • ERDAT: Date on which the record was created

You can create an invoice today with a past billing date, so these two values differ.

Regards,

Ornella

former_member258246
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ornella...

I want ensure the selection of all records one month from the tables VBRP and VBRK and unite the columns.

I know the join natural is with VBELN, but the (VBRP) table is too large and time of the join is to much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arturo,

How are you doing the data extraction?

Is it an ABAP program? query?

Regards,

Ornella

former_member258246
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Actually is with ABAP program... and the result is fill a Table only with one month this is for a analysis furthe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggestions:

a. Check the performance if you make the selection from a query with SQVI.

b. Check the performance in the ABAP program, but previously creating a view for the join. Then use the view in the SELECT statement.

Regards,

Ornella

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but the performance is a very poor.

I dont think, it is because of FKDAT selection but because of number of records would be more for the given period. If there are more records, then obviously, system performance will be slow.   Moreover, I am not sure, why you have considered VBELN from VBRP rather I would prefer from VBRK itself. 

Anyway, just check how many records are there for the month of June'12 by clicking "Number of entries" in the VBRK table.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member258246
Discoverer
0 Kudos

the select about June´12 is a example, i need joining the columns the two tables (VBAP and VBRK) obviously, the VBAP table have many records compared with VBRK... then  i want know if i can use column the FKDAT and ERDAT in your respective tables, to make a selection from each table one month, and then when i have the two tables filled with one month do a join the columns...

but i don´t know if is the similar data in VBRP-ERDAT and VBRK-FKDAT... or if i do this because in VBRP table not exists the FKDAT column only exist the ERDAT column.. i want know difference between this data...