Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it mandatory to run indexing programs for Structural profiles

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I read lot of documentation on the RHBAUSO* reports for improving the performance of structural profiles for users but I also heard that running these reports might cause performance issues too.

I am confused now whether to run these reports in production system or not ?

Regards,

Salman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Yes! You do need to run these reports (RHBAUS00/01/02) in your system if your users are assigned access to large number of OM objects via their structural authorizations for indexing/buffering of structural access. Not running them results in missing authorization of OM objects for users.

As for the performance issues, you will have to schedule background jobs for all the three reports so that they do not overlap each other and also you might want to consider splitting the user ID in set of disjunct ranges (like A*-H*, I*-P*, Q*-Z*) and save as variant for the 3 jobs.

Thanks

Sandipan

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Yes! You do need to run these reports (RHBAUS00/01/02) in your system if your users are assigned access to large number of OM objects via their structural authorizations for indexing/buffering of structural access. Not running them results in missing authorization of OM objects for users.

As for the performance issues, you will have to schedule background jobs for all the three reports so that they do not overlap each other and also you might want to consider splitting the user ID in set of disjunct ranges (like A*-H*, I*-P*, Q*-Z*) and save as variant for the 3 jobs.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Thanks Sandipan. That cleared my doubt