cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading IDM database from ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through the forums, but did not find the solution. Hence posing again. Please help me.

Here is my requirement:

The IdM (7.2) has been directly connected to ECC clients via Jco RFC (No VDS). But for the other business suit clients (CRM, SRM, ..), it is connected via VDS.

Due to the security reasons, we have decided to maintain some translation data in the IdM instead of SAP tables. Translation data is very simple. It will have two columns with ZID and EID.

Forward Translation is from ZID to EID

Reverse Translation is from EID to ZID

We would like to use these translations in the interfaces and conversions. During the execution of interface/conversion, if the program encounters ZID, it should be translated to EID using some methods. Since the data is not in SAP tables, we have to get it from IdM.

Since there is no VDS, do I need to read the IdM database directly? What are the steps involved in this process from ABAP developer point of view and also from IdM team? It would be great, it you suggest some examples.

Thanks for reading and your help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm...

Interesting question.  I guess it all depends on how you're accessing the information.

I am assuming that you've already been able to create the lookup table that you need independently. If you need to access it from IDM you can use either a From Database to access the data by using a query in the source tab or from any other relevant pass type by using the uSelect function.

So the answer to your question, is yes, you do need to access the database directly.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt.

The data is available in IdM and I need to write the code in ABAP to query the data from IdM. I hope the uSelect function works in IdM to get data from ABAP. Here I want the data in reverse direction. I would like to know what are the steps involved in this process. Please guide me.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I cannot advise you an ABAP code.  Maybe there is another forum for this?  However the uSelect is available as a standard scripting function in IDM.

Good luck!