cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Select a location that is assigned to the plant chosen" with a SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After we  integrated HCM (HR) with SRM, we needed the location (also known as Plant) and storage location to be updated for users in SRM.  We have a custom program for this that uses the standard function module   BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES. The updates are shown correctly in the Extended Attributes tab in transaction PPOMA_BBP for location and for storage location.

However, with one of these users, when I try to make a shopping cart and add an item with free description, I obtain the following error:

Select a location that is assigned to the plant chosen

In the Basic Data tab (of the SC), the field Location/Plant is not shown (Storage Location is visible).

However, if I make a change to the location entry in PPOMA_BBP, such as unchecking the default flag (that was set through the custom program) and then there appears to be a refresh, and then when I try the Shopping Cart, I don't get the error.

I am wondering why I get this error. I  wonder what needs to be added to the custom program to prevent the error. Is the function module BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES obsolete? Is there a newer function module or a different function module that I should use to update the attributes?

I would appreciate any help/suggestion.

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Note 1466783 mentions an issue when location field disappears.

It is not the same issue that you are facing, but you can check if this note is applied in your SRM.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

Champa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi champa,

If you have replicated all the plants from R/3 then cross check those vendors in BUT000 and BBP_LOCMAP and if there is entry missing then you need to replicate the plant again. If you see the entry is there then maintain PPOMA_BBP with the right default values, Make sure you have only one default values for all the attributes

Regards

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Thank you for your help.

Hi Everyone,

Just a note to let you know that there was an error with the length of the substring being used to populate partner ID that was being sent to the FM BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES. Issue was solved when this was corrected.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Champa