cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSLT - multiple SIDs on same host

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have both a DEV instance and a SOL instance on the same host. When I install SUM, the command to create the TOOLLIB calls for a SID and the default library is SAPSLT. Should I create a different version of SAPSLT (i.e. SAPDEVSLT ans SAPSOLSLT) for easch SID? Bring back the Yahoo group - the search capabilities in this forum are dreadful!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Go for a dedicated library for every SID. This way you avoid any unexpected interference.

Regarding the search capabilities I suggest you tell us what you desire and we can try to help you or forward a request to the right channels.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas - that's sort of what I thought about the separate libs but wanted some confirmation. As to the search capabilities, maybe I just need a lesson. I want to be able to search just this forum without having to type in "iSeries +" on every query. (or as400 or series i, etc.). With SAPJVM4, kernel 7.20, and SUM all looming in my immediate future and the 400 being such a unique animal, it gets annoying having to scroll through a lot of non-relevant answers. (Or maybe, I just miss the camaraderie of Volker's old forum and then the yahoo forum.) Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

In my opinion you can almost get exactly what you ask for if you do the following steps:

• Use the generic search for the term you are interested in
  • in the result window (usually a new browser window) set filters for
    1. Source: SAP community Network (SCN) and next for
    2. Space SAP on IBM i

You can additionally set a filter for discussions or documents or whatever 'asset type' you hunt for.

HTH, Thomas

Answers (0)