cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.3 Upgrade "Add-On Compatibility of SAP NetWeaver 7.3"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on Netweaver 7.0 Ehp1 SPS8 and want to upgrade to Netweaver 7.3. This is our BW ABAP system.

In the process of upgrading this to NW7.3. Even before starting SUM, I ASU toolbox to check the pre-requisites, I am getting obligatory pre-requisites in preparation steps "Add-On Compatibility of SAP NetWeaver 7.3". But it does not have any details that exactly which component/Add-on is it looking for.

Please check the attached screenshot for our existing components and suggest us if we need to upgrade any add-on? or any other step/pre-requisites that we need to perform.

Also, please let me know the target support pack level for NW7.3 that I should select for upgrading from our existing NW7.0 Ehp1 SPS8.

Thanks

Mousam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just try clicking on on the pencil icon of left of activty description or red-colored icon left for "obligatory" .If I recall correctly  one of them gives the details . Haven't checked ASU toolbox in a while now.

In any case SEM-BW seems to be fine. FINBASIS and BS_FND will also go through since another note 1539356 ratifies it. VIRSANH looks like the issue. 520_700 might be not supported. 530_710 is.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through the notes below

Note 1243791 - FINBASIS 604 and SEM-BW 604: Upgrade to SAP NW AS 701

Note 1539356 - Upgrade to NW 7.3 with SEM-BW, FINBASIS, SAP_BS_FND, WEBCUIF

Your components in your source system are absolutely fine . Do not worry.

Please generate the stack xml file using MOPZ by following the note 1539356 .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ratnajit for your help here. I helped me to some extent, but my question was about ASU tool box complaining about add-ons. I havn't even started the actual uprade yet.. i am still in the preparation phase. Please check my attached screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the ASU tool box itself there is an OSS note mentioned for this activity. OSS note 1532805 mentioned. Not sure if you have opened it and read it. If not please do it. It is only good that check is happening before you started with the upgrade and not in middle of upgrade.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already read that note.. but not sure about which add-on component is its complaining about. As in that note they have given only the details about the available add-ons for 7.3.

I am looking for answer about exactly which ADD-ON component ASU is complaining about?

Thanks

Mousam

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you get these components installed, they are EHP4 components.  Based on your System Status, this does not look like a standard NW installation.

FINBASIS

SEM_BW

During the upgrade you need to upgrade the following Add-Ons.  The rest you probably might have an option to delete.

ST-PI, ST-A/PI

I am pretty sure it is complaining about FINBASIS, SEM-BW and VIRSANH.  NW 7.3 ABAP does not include the Add-Ons in the questions.

Ravi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi Subramanian wrote:

Hi,

How did you get these components installed, they are EHP4 components.  Based on your System Status, this does not look like a standard NW installation.

FINBASIS

SEM_BW

During the upgrade you need to upgrade the following Add-Ons.  The rest you probably might have an option to delete.

ST-PI, ST-A/PI

I am pretty sure it is complaining about FINBASIS, SEM-BW and VIRSANH.  NW 7.3 ABAP does not include the Add-Ons in the questions.

Ravi

These are ERP components installed on Netweaver system and it is usual to have these components installed on Netweaver systems.

If you are planning to upgrade your netweaver system having ERP components to Netweaver 7.3 then upgrade ERP components to EHP5/EHP6 level.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is probably a Bankng solutions system so no issues with these add-ons. If these add-ons wouldn't have been compatible SAINT/SPAM would have shouted from roof-top and not allowed the deployment.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny, for upgrading NW systems with SEM & FINBASIS... these components should be on EHP4 (604) level.

If it is upgraded to 605, NW7.3 upgrade is not possible.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mousam Gupta wrote:

Sunny, for upgrading NW systems with SEM & FINBASIS... these components should be on EHP4 (604) level.

If it is upgraded to 605, NW7.3 upgrade is not possible.

I agree with your point. These components should be on EHP4 level because underlying netweaver version is EHP1. Now if you want to upgrade system to Netweaver 7.3 then upgrade them to EHP6/EHP5 according to PAM.

Thanks

Sunny