Did you mean: 

[Afaria 7] Connection to APNS through proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Default settings for APNS connection are the following:

• gateway.push.apple.com:2195
  • feedback.push.apple.com:2196

But these settings don't work for connection through proxy. The documentation on Afaria says this:

Only if you are required to use a proxy for the Apple APNS and feedback servers, click

APNS/Feedback Configuration and change the predefined settings to your proxy server.

APNS domain and port for sending notifications.

• Feedback domain and port for soliciting feedback, as defined by Apple.

It's not clear for me what settings exactly should be entered instead of default. What hosts and ports should I use in case of using proxy?

Thank you for any help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

In standard case, if you are installing Afaria server in corporate network (Internal) then you should allow below connections from your server through port forwarder.

• gateway.push.apple.com:2195
  • feedback.push.apple.com:2196

Port forwarder should accept connections from your machine to these hosts:ports and then sent them.

I think Proxyconfig.exe can be used for Tiny URL and Google API services and not for Push mechanism.

You can either go via port forwarder in your landscape or Firewall should allow these connections directly.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The traffic from Afaria to

1. TinyURL
  2. Google URL Shorten Service
  3. GCM
  4. APNS
  5. Google Play store
  6. Apple Store

can all go through proxy after Proxyconfig.exe is run.  Please see the below release notes

http://frontline.sybase.com/support/downloads/Afaria/7_0_SP1/7SP1AfariaFx17/7SP1AfariaFx17.htm

0 Kudos

Hi Tang,

Generally, proxy server's doesnt support Connect and would be blocking the call for push services through firewall.

To check that your proxy supports this or not, you can try to access push services from machine.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to configure the Proxyconfig,exe located in the bin folder of Afaria (Program files x86).

Right click and open the exe and configure the setting of proxy.

For Gateway and feedback you need to open the port 2195 and 2196 directly for the server by allowing the ips on firewall.